Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
krista_5ny

Early Bloomers

Krista_5NY
11 years ago

Some of the roses have started blooming early, so nice to see them in bloom...

The Mayflower

{{gwi:350745}}

Stanwell Perpetual

Gertrude Jekyll

Louise Odier

Comments (19)

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    11 years ago

Lookin' good, krista. I'm glad you finally got to join the spring rose parade! You have lovely pics here of some of my favorites.

Kate

• mantis__oh
    11 years ago

Your pics look so fresh and cool, while we here we have already suffered through a spell of nineties.

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

Pretty in pink, Krista!

• Krista_5NY
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you, Kate, Mantis and Seil! It's good to be posting pics with summer here.

• serenasyh
    11 years ago

Sooo beautiful, Krista! The Ballerina Garden is BACK! So glad to see your 2012 First blooms! So graceful in PINK, and I loooove the Stanwell Perpetual's button eyes.

• Krista_5NY
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you, Serena. Stanwell Perpetual does have neat button-eyes!

• serenasyh
    11 years ago

Well, it's not only the delicate button eyes, but I loooove the swirly elegant skirts of the 2 Stanwell Perpetual blooms. One of the loveliest photos I've seen of this rose. That's why I keep repeating Ballerina Garden. You see the inner button folds are like the bodice and the outlaying skirt that drapes very beautifully. Looking forward to more Ballerinas, lol! I'm especially looking forward to your Marchesa. Mine is still growing in height but the buds have not "solidified"....it's just pre-nested but have yet to emerge from their pre-bloom florets.

• Krista_5NY
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you, Serena. I was looking at the pics again, and yes, they do resemble dressy skirts! This is one of my favorite roses, always fun to photograph it and see it in the garden.

• serenasyh
    11 years ago

Krista, also about button eyes, I've not yet had a true button eye with my OGRs...I've got the charming OGR quartered/boutenniere look (so adorable) but not yet the true beautifully elegant "Button". Anna de Diesbach almost made it as a 9" baby own-root, but the inside just baaaarely missed plus her outer petals were too rounded and not the swirl of your Marchessa Boccella or the beautiful Stanwell photo of this thread. None of Anna's mature blooms have that form at all either. Always, whenever
    I want to see the most beautiful of button eyes I have to go to your roses to see them. :)

• TNY78
    11 years ago

Really good pic of Stanwell Krista! Mine is growing sooo slowly! I really do like it though :)

Also a fan of Louis Odier...one day I may have to add him!

Tammy

• Krista_5NY
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you, to all.

Tammy, my Stanwell was slow to mature. I prune mine to promote an arching shape, it's interesting to shape it.

Serena, Marchesa is one of my favorites for button-eyes, such a great rose.

• mzstitch
    11 years ago

I'm in love with your Stanwell Perpetual! I'm going to add this one to my wish list for sure! Thanks for sharing.

• Krista_5NY
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you, mzstitch. It has a wonderful fragrance, really delightful.

• canadian_rose
    11 years ago

I just love your picture of Louise Odier. What a rose!!!! The colors of the pink and the green take my breath away.

Thank you!!! All we get here is cold rain for weeks on end. It's wonderful to see roses. Thanks!!
    Carol

• Krista_5NY
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you, Carol. I, too, like the colors of its foliage and blooms; it has a wonderful fragrance.

• JessicaBe
    11 years ago

Those are absolutely beautiful!

• Krista_5NY
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks, Jessica!

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    11 years ago

Very beautiful, Krista, as usual. I like them all but Stanwell Perpetual is especiallly charming.

Ingrid

• Krista_5NY
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you,Ingrid! Stanwell is a favorite for fragrance and neat blooms.

Sponsored
FineLine Kitchens, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars81 Reviews
Award Winning Kitchen & Bath Design Center Serving the DMV Area