Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
boxofrox_2007

Father's Day Prep

boxofrox
12 years ago

For Mother's Day I had zip, same for Memorial Day. But for Father's Day, I got a whole heap of color from which to construct my graveside bouquets, especially for my FIL Abraham. For your perusal, hope you enjoy, thanks for looking and I'll post the pics from the cemetery. I personally have no offspring but I want to wish all you fathers out there a HAPPY FATHER'S DAY !!!!!

For my great friend and late FIL Abraham...............

{{gwi:1249465}}

{{gwi:1249467}}

{{gwi:1249469}}

{{gwi:1249471}}

Westerland

Royal Gold

Midnight Blue

The Dark Lady (please forgive foliage...I don't spray)

'Coppertina' nine bark

Black Beauty sambucus

Frosty Dew and Sorbet

Comments (12)

• serenasyh
    12 years ago

Wowza, so Splendid! Hey, I'm sure your beloved niece thinks of you as a Father dear to her heart. Plus Kitty and the PomPoms/Starina will be wishing YOU a marvelous and Happy Father's Day too! Fur babies do a great job giving us lots o' joy and well wishes!

Abraham D'Arby is Breathtakingly Beautiful, with such perfection- how I love those Peaches and Apricots and every bloom SPELLS SPECIALNESS to me! Royal Gold is sooo lemony! Jim is always saying how he stays away from yellow because they fade, but I cannot imagine yours Ever Fading! That yellow is sooo intense! and I love its Hybrid Tea-like shape. For me it's either Hybrid Tea coils or the OGR looseness that I drool endlessly over.

Midnight Blue is once again, looking soooo pretty, much prettier than other Midnight Blues I've seen elsewhere. And oh, I've missed Coppertina to a tee! I'm crazy about that shade of pink in its buds! Gotta get me some more servings of Summer Sorbet to refresh me too, lol!

Gorgeous, Boxo!!!!

• canadian_rose
    12 years ago

What a lovely rememberance for your FIL (an Abe for an Abe). I especially love the 2nd and 4th photos of Abe.

Your peonies are sensational. I mean really, really lovely.

Carol

• boxofrox
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks yous twos, momma insisted on a bouquet for herself this evening so here it is.......

• sunnyjay
    12 years ago

I love Frosty Dew, it's an awesome colour. Your bouquet looks amazing!
    Jason

• serenasyh
    12 years ago

Boxo, Abe is smiling in Heaven seeing these and SO ARE WE! Soooo beautiful, Beee-oooo-to a Happy Tear (full). I should be absolutely speechless for words :D So I will enjoy the silence and the Awe now!

• boxofrox
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Just in time (the pics and bouquet) because it has rained nonstop ever since and any bloom that is full and can hold water is bent over. I was going to go today and decided to wait till tomorrow now.

• phatboyrose
    12 years ago

Boxofrox, when it comes to bouquets your the MAN. But first you got grow'em to show'em and you grow some of the most spectacular speciments I've ever seen. Thanks for sharing those beautys with us.
    Harold

• bgrose
    12 years ago

I wish I could grow so beautiful peonies and roses. Thanks for sharing.

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    12 years ago

Everythings looking good Boxobrox! The bouquet is outstanding!
    Hope all is well your way..

• boxofrox
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks everybody, all is well.........just a lot bit water logged. I harvested what I could in a big bucket and went off to build these two bouquets at the gravesides. Enjoy :-)

• serenasyh
    12 years ago

So brilliantly brought, Boxo! I love how the Coppertina adds that extra flow to the bouquet. And oh, the peony and the clustering of Peonies truly "sparkle". No rain can ever dampen their Absolute Beauty!

• canadian_rose
    12 years ago

Wow!! Those finished products are amazing!!! TAlk about bouquets!!!! Flowers on steroids!!!

Wowza!!
    Carol