Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pappu_gw

A hedge of 'Love & Peace'

pappu
17 years ago

I planted a row of LP behind spirea bushes and they are perfect for the spot. They are tall narrow and pillar like and rise well above the spireas. They are blooming fools and incredibly floriferous. Glossy leathery leaves that hold on untill late in the season. A wonderful HT for the colder zones and very hardy too...

{{gwi:248004}}

{{gwi:248003}}

Comments (32)

• User
    17 years ago

Wow very nice indeed!

• tjsangel
    17 years ago

Your roses never fail to amaze me. I would crash the car if I drove by those beauties : )

Jen

• paulieinct
    17 years ago

As usual, an outstanding job. You have an artist's eye for composition. Interesting to hear LP is hardy in zone 5. To the tips? Do you protect? -Paul

• ramblinrosez7b
    17 years ago

Simply amazing!

• michaelmjchen
    17 years ago

Oh my God, I am speechless, simply stunning :)

Michael

• pappu
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thank you!
    Paul, LP is one of the hardier HTs. I had only 25% dieback last winter, their first. After pruning I had almost 2 feet of green cane left on them. It was a mild winter but all my other HT's died almost to the ground. Baileys sells it as a 2 yr own root as one of its hardy roses.

• juliaam
    17 years ago

Unreal! I have never seen such amazing color! I'm definitely adding this one to my wish list. Your photos are very nice.

• jean_ar
    17 years ago

OMG.That is amazingly beautiful. i would simply just park in front of your house and sit and suck in the beauty,Wish mine would grow and look like that.Just too gorgeous for words.Thank you for sharing them.

Jean

• daybreaker
    17 years ago

Wow! Those are amazing!

Denise

• bouquet_kansas
    17 years ago

Pappu.....Wow!!!!!!!!!!!! gorgeous pics of a gorgeous rose....you are very talented...

• ronda_in_carolina
    17 years ago

One of my favorites at the old house but Mine was never that 'clean'. How often do you spray?

Ronda

• janen
    17 years ago

Those roses are gorgeous ! I am also very impressed with the beautiful leaves - so glossy and thick - and CLEAN !!! Thanks so much for the pictures. That may be one I will need to add to my collection next time around.

• medusa11365
    17 years ago

Those are so beautiful I hate you. Guys like you really make folks like me look bad. Hmph. (wink wink--well, not the part about you making my rose efforts look bad)

• jont1
    17 years ago

Absolutely stunning, indeed. What a wonderful splash of color for that spot.
    John

• lucy925
    17 years ago

Wow again! I always look forward to your pictures. I hear such good things about Love & Peace I'd like to give it a try.

• juicy_tomato
    17 years ago

Pappu~ Your Love and Peace pics last year enabled me to get this one for my new rose bed... I only have one, but your mass planting sure looks awesome!

Mark

• pappu
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks all!
    This one is a must have rose! And in multiples!
    I spray once a month with Bayer fungicide. It is very disease resistant for me. The best thing about it is it's glossy leathery foliage and a bushy habit which is unusual in HTs. Very vigorous too...These are grafted plants but Bailey nurseries sells 2 yr old own roots which should definitely be better for colder zones. I keep throwing alfalfa in whenever time permits and they really love this...They look their best in the fall flush and I will try to post pictures..

• katalea12
    8 years ago

Perfection !!!! Pappu you are gifted with roses!!! Fabulous job!!!thumbs up!!!wow...!!! more than impressive!!!!

• kublakan
    8 years ago

When I grow up, I want to grow roses just like these! Very impressive combination, although I think the roses are the real scene stealers.

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    8 years ago

Whatever Pappu grew turned out beyond beautiful!!! You will find lots of gorgeous threads Pappu has graced us with!!! Judy

• ozmelodye
    8 years ago

Thank you, Jim, for posting these links. I would never have seen these amazing roses otherwise. What a gardener!

• katalea12
    8 years ago

Big THANKS to Jim!!! Its astounding like i have witnessed a garden magic, not less. As i previously noted pappu is GIFTED.So true! i just dont have words to say enough praise!!!

• Lisa Adams
    8 years ago

These are all beautiful. I looked at each and every thread.(Thanks Jim) Are there any more, or does he no longer post?

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    8 years ago

I think Pappu has moved a couple times since these pics Lisa...

• User
    8 years ago

Wow! I am so jealous! That is beautiful!

• DLEverette_NC_Zone7b
    6 years ago

Thought I'd bump this thread. Anyone know what Pappu is up to these days? I'd love to see what he has going on in his garden!

• Ashley Zone6b
    6 years ago

Wow incredible!!

• rose_crazy_da
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

I bought Love and peace because of these pictures.. we have not heard from pappu for a long time..you definitely should check out his other postings just incredible ..in my books he is a legend all his roses looked absolutely amazing

• DLEverette_NC_Zone7b
    6 years ago

I know right! I already have. Going through his posts is like binge watching my favorite TV show lol. I used his idea of planting magellan zinnias in the rose garden I planted for my parents this spring. They haven't taken off like I'd like yet, but that's probably because it's been cool and rainy. I've learned a lot from pappu for sure. Definitely legendary!

• mark_roeder 4B NE Iowa
    6 years ago

This collection, and layout, is stunning, and of course well thought out.

• DLEverette_NC_Zone7b
    9 months ago

Anyone know if @pappu is still around in the forums or anywhere else? I'd love to follow him if he's posting anywhere.