Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
boxofrox_2007

Couleurs Jardin de Juin :-)

boxofrox
11 years ago

The official beginning of summer is still a month away in these parts ( July 5th ) but the garden is becoming somewhat kaleidoscopic ;-) It's very wet but we had a bit of a pause in the vertical moisture so I have been out slaving. Here are a few pics.........thanks for looking and hope you enjoy !

Bouquet for my lovely bride...........

Abraham's first flush...........

With The Dark Lady

First peony

Betty Boop

Jonathan Shaw

Hansa

Lyda Rose

Easy

LD Braithwaite

Comments (12)

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    11 years ago

Luscious is the only word I could think of when I saw these pictures. The colors are so beautiful. Abraham Darby has to be one of the most sumptuous roses around; why oh why won't it do well for me?

• boxofrox
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you Ingrid, that is so kind. I do agree that AD is sumptuous and if it were left up to me, he would thrive in your garden as he does in mine. I do not spray and do no special teas or tones. I have three of the gentlemen on a short cyclone fence and they get two or three helpings of timed release fertilizer just like all my other perennials and those three give me probably 4-500 blooms in a season. I confess that I was luckier than I was good when I stumbled upon them for my FIL's namesake. Right now, there are probably 100 or more buds/blooms and it's heaven to stroll through right about now :-) If I could change one thing about him it would be that he was as good in the vase as he was on the bush. But alas, perfection is hard to come by in any rose.

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    11 years ago

Beautiful pics--especially of Abe. Never seen him in real life, but I take it from your pics as well as those of other forumers that Abe is very, very photogenic!

Kate

• boxofrox
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Kate :-)

I'm thinking I have like 50-60 total roses mixed into my overall garden. I was perusing my Photobucket today and I have 38 pics of those other 47-57 roses and 108 pics in my subcategory of AD of which I have 3 total plants.......that pretty much says it all. I have no control over the clicker when I walk through my Memory Garden and Abe is in bloom :-) What can I say ?????

• boxofrox
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Sorry, that should have been 384 not 38

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    11 years ago

Very colorful Boxo! Very Nice!

• serenasyh
    11 years ago

Perfection Hard To Come By??????#*!$....Yaaaargh, yowls the Stumpy, Lump-Legged KG Pirate! Gimme that GORGEOUS Treasure! that makes me all Knock-Knee'd with Greed!!!! Gorgeous AD and Roses Gorgeously Arranged....AD makes every Rose Pirate ecstatic! I'd be looting, copying and pasting your AD everywhere had I the chance, Yo-ho-ho!

Splendiferous! Abraham D'Arby is JUST ABSOLUTELY ASTOUNDING! He makes his own separate Shakespearean Essay!

Now that is one of my most favorite of all Hansa Blooms; last time I asked all about Lyda, and now I get to enjoy to the max. I always remember her as being one of the earliest to bloom in your garden, but looks like Hansa went to the head of the line as well as some of your other roses seasonwise. I just love Lyda's delicacy, Boxo. Even a pirate has to tiptoe around her delicate princessy presence. Livin' Easy is really showing his stuff, and we'll be waiting for his Cousin Easy Goin', lol! Jonathan Shaw does not ring my memory banks though. You've always got such lovely varieties of Rhodies, Peonies, but Jonathan Shaw does not seem as familiar- maybe I'm losing my mind, but I don't recognize the inner Leopard markings. Next time for sure I'll take note if this rusty keg of a brain don't work....Maybe it's from being too Pirate-Drunk over AD, haha!

L.D. Braithwaite, as lovely and gracious as ever.

Your Momma is so blessed having so many beautiful bouquets!

• kathy9norcal
    11 years ago

Simply wonderful photos of simply wonderful roses! I love spring.

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

Beautiful, boxo!

• lovemysheltie
    11 years ago

Mouth-wateringly delicious roses :)

• Brittie - La Porte, TX 9a
    11 years ago

Really beautiful. Hansa is especially fetching today.

• JessicaBe
    11 years ago

I want to have OGR as my bouquet when I get married :)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living