Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Couleurs Jardin de Juin :-)

Posted by boxofrox z8 PNW (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 3, 12 at 18:39

The official beginning of summer is still a month away in these parts ( July 5th ) but the garden is becoming somewhat kaleidoscopic ;-) It's very wet but we had a bit of a pause in the vertical moisture so I have been out slaving. Here are a few pics.........thanks for looking and hope you enjoy !

Bouquet for my lovely bride...........

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Abraham's first flush...........

With The Dark Lady

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

First peony

Photobucket

Betty Boop

Photobucket

Jonathan Shaw

Photobucket

Hansa

Photobucket

Lyda Rose

Photobucket

Photobucket

Easy

Photobucket

Photobucket

LD Braithwaite

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Couleurs Jardin de Juin :-)

Luscious is the only word I could think of when I saw these pictures. The colors are so beautiful. Abraham Darby has to be one of the most sumptuous roses around; why oh why won't it do well for me?

o

Thank you Ingrid, that is so kind. I do agree that AD is sumptuous and if it were left up to me, he would thrive in your garden as he does in mine. I do not spray and do no special teas or tones. I have three of the gentlemen on a short cyclone fence and they get two or three helpings of timed release fertilizer just like all my other perennials and those three give me probably 4-500 blooms in a season. I confess that I was luckier than I was good when I stumbled upon them for my FIL's namesake. Right now, there are probably 100 or more buds/blooms and it's heaven to stroll through right about now :-) If I could change one thing about him it would be that he was as good in the vase as he was on the bush. But alas, perfection is hard to come by in any rose.

o

Beautiful pics--especially of Abe. Never seen him in real life, but I take it from your pics as well as those of other forumers that Abe is very, very photogenic!

Kate

o

Thanks Kate :-)

I'm thinking I have like 50-60 total roses mixed into my overall garden. I was perusing my Photobucket today and I have 38 pics of those other 47-57 roses and 108 pics in my subcategory of AD of which I have 3 total plants.......that pretty much says it all. I have no control over the clicker when I walk through my Memory Garden and Abe is in bloom :-) What can I say ?????

o

Sorry, that should have been 384 not 38

o

Very colorful Boxo! Very Nice!

o

Perfection Hard To Come By??????#*!$....Yaaaargh, yowls the Stumpy, Lump-Legged KG Pirate! Gimme that GORGEOUS Treasure! that makes me all Knock-Knee'd with Greed!!!! Gorgeous AD and Roses Gorgeously Arranged....AD makes every Rose Pirate ecstatic! I'd be looting, copying and pasting your AD everywhere had I the chance, Yo-ho-ho!

Splendiferous! Abraham D'Arby is JUST ABSOLUTELY ASTOUNDING! He makes his own separate Shakespearean Essay!

Now that is one of my most favorite of all Hansa Blooms; last time I asked all about Lyda, and now I get to enjoy to the max. I always remember her as being one of the earliest to bloom in your garden, but looks like Hansa went to the head of the line as well as some of your other roses seasonwise. I just love Lyda's delicacy, Boxo. Even a pirate has to tiptoe around her delicate princessy presence. Livin' Easy is really showing his stuff, and we'll be waiting for his Cousin Easy Goin', lol! Jonathan Shaw does not ring my memory banks though. You've always got such lovely varieties of Rhodies, Peonies, but Jonathan Shaw does not seem as familiar- maybe I'm losing my mind, but I don't recognize the inner Leopard markings. Next time for sure I'll take note if this rusty keg of a brain don't work....Maybe it's from being too Pirate-Drunk over AD, haha!

L.D. Braithwaite, as lovely and gracious as ever.

Your Momma is so blessed having so many beautiful bouquets!

o

Simply wonderful photos of simply wonderful roses! I love spring.

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Tue, Jun 5, 12 at 10:28

Beautiful, boxo!

o

Mouth-wateringly delicious roses :)

o

Really beautiful. Hansa is especially fetching today.

o

I want to have OGR as my bouquet when I get married :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here