Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A Rare Climber: Maid of Kent

Posted by azurerose 9 Coastal California (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 22, 10 at 18:47

I don't think I've heard of anyone else growing the climber Maid of Kent. It's a shame because she is lovely!

I have Maid of Kent on one side of my swing arbor. Renae is on the other side. (You can see Renae in my previous post.) For more narrative on this rose, see my blog!
- Azure

Here is a link that might be useful: Rare Roses.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A Rare Climber: Maid of Kent

that's AWESOME

o

Well now, you may have just changed that!! Now tons of people will probably rush out and buy this rose thanks to your gorgeous pictures. I have never heard of it either but I am rather new to roses. Thanks for sharing your beauty with us. Love it!! Judy

o

Beautiful flush. Tell us more about her. I saw at HMF she was introduced in 2000.

o

very nice!

o

Breath-taking!!!! I don't suppose she would thrive in 5a.....

o

Oh my goodness-----I'm speechless---that is one delicious , gorgeous rose-----it does look good enough to eat---

It is difficult to describe such a lovely rose.

Florence

o

What a beautiful rose and those pictures belong in Home & Garden magazine. Gorgeous!

o

I just found this old thread on Google-ing the rose "Maid of Kent", which I have ordered this year from Filroses. Might I ask, when does this rose start it's blooming season in your area? I have heard from a friend in New Jersey that in her garden, it starts very late in the season, AFTER Super Dorothy! but then on HMF, I see a photo that suggests that it blooms more or less in mid-rose season (though dates for HMF photos can be confusing;does the poster mean the date the photo was taken, or the date that they finally got around to posting it?) So I was wondering...thanks, bart

o

Be still my heart but that is a glorious site! That's what I picture when I think of roses on a arbor.

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Wed, Nov 26, 14 at 14:57

Oh my, she is VERY Lovely!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here