Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
boxofrox_2007

Peachie and/or Citrus

boxofrox
12 years ago

My favorite spectrum on the rose color wheel...........Thanks for looking and hope you enjoy :-)

Abraham Darby

{{gwi:1249936}}

{{gwi:1249937}}

{{gwi:1249938}}

{{gwi:1249939}}

Royal Gold

Livin Easy

Eureka

Westerland

Scent From Above

Easy Goin

Comments (9)

• serenasyh
    12 years ago

oh, woooooooooooooowww, Boxo, I just got finished writing up on your gorgeous new 3 bouquets and just saw this thread, and hoooray, I get to do a prancing, dancing border collie stalk just like E-Bear! I'm in Heaven all over again and all over A.D. These newest A.D. photos just floooow with beauteous petals, and the colorations like a cascade of my very favorite peaches/apricot. Eureka and Royal Gold are the BEST YELLOWS ever! Boxo, this has been the Best Ever Showing of your Royal Gold! I don't remember all the florist spiral form of RG like this year has been! It's always been pretty Boxo in the past, but now I always re-scroll to take third and fourth servings of RG on my platter. Westerland is looking so scrumptious too!

• iris_gal
    12 years ago

A lot of my favorites here. Livin Easy seems to thrive in lousy fast draining mountain "soil". Abe throws his perfume through my bedroom window when in full bloom. Royal Gold is new to me ~ looks great.

• phatboyrose
    12 years ago

BOY!!! I didn't even have to add cream and sugar to my coffee this morning just looking at your post just made everything taste peachie creamy. They are just beutiful to behold.
    Harold

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    12 years ago

Thumbs up Boxofrox! Lookin good!

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    12 years ago

I've pretty well banished these colors from my garden of cool tones but would give a lot to have your gorgeous Abraham Darby. I tried but after the first year he didn't like my conditions. He obviously loves yours and is a picture of beauty. Westerland and Scent from above are really lovely roses.

• boxofrox
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Ingrid, we each seem to gravitate toward our own little spot on the color wheel for both roses and clotheses. Mine just happens to be this for both along with teal for the latter. AD really produces.....I'd say awfully close to 300 per season. Each flush averages about 35 per shrub. I let it kind of ramble on a cedar/cyclone fence that borders an easement path. The people using the path sure do love him :-)

Thanks JimBob, it's almost getting to Easy time too

Harold, If my lot in life were to simply provide a fine Southern gentleman like yourself a coffee supplement, I'd be a happy man ;-)

Iris, Don't you just love the smell of Honest Abe in the morning.....Napalm's got nuttin on him VBEG I'm with yous on them lovely hues............

KG, Last but NEVER least :-) AD just never ceases to amaze me with each unique blossom. I just love him. I agree with that Royal Gold, that tight spiral is intriguing. Westerland is in only it's second year and it is just pleasing the living tweedle out of me (A phrase from one our local TV gardeners). The plan is for him to continue to mature and spread both directions to bloom over the top of two yellow trumpet vines I have trained on that same fence from either end of that bed. That bed also has a Double Delight, an Outrageous, and 3 rugosas. There's a scab tree on the easement side of the fence that may need to come down for them all to bloom up to their potential.

• inga007
    12 years ago

Loved each and every one, but the orange-peachie's are to die for.

• canadian_rose
    12 years ago

Oh Boxo!!!!!!!!!! Those Abes are swoon worthy. I just can't believe how big and lush they are. The colors, the petals, the stuffedness :) are just incredible.

Livin' Easy and Royal Gold are my next 2 favorites. I just love how you grow Livin' Easy.

Guess I have to go wipe up my drool. :)

Wow!
    Carol

• boxofrox
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Livin Easy makes Easy Goin or is it visaversa ? Can't remember which is the original and which is the sport........they are getting jiggy witch it now tho :-)