Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
boxofrox_2007

Momma's Bouquet

boxofrox
14 years ago

This is a pic of the bouquet I cut for my wife today :-)

Abe Darby, Betty Boop, Livin Easy, Easy Goin, The Dark Lady, LD Braithwaite, Eden, and Gertyrude Jekyl. Oh, and one peony.

{{gwi:1082646}}

Comments (16)

• newyorkrita
    14 years ago

The colors are wonderful. Especially in the light from the window shining on it. Great combo.

• serenasyh
    14 years ago

So sweeeeet and pretty! I love your bouquet for your wife!

• iris_gal
    14 years ago

Beautifully done.

• texaslynn
    14 years ago

Very lovely - and touching that you did that for your wife! I bet it smells nice, too!

Lynn

• zeffyrose
    14 years ago

The combination of colors is beautiful.

Your wife is a lucky lady---that bouquet is better than diamonds----

Florence

• boxofrox
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks guys.

Rita, the picture is actually taken sitting on top of the glass deck railing overlooking the pond. The white flecks you see in the background are the spent wisteria blooms on the net.

• kristin_flower
    14 years ago

So pretty! The colors are delicious!

• newyorkrita
    14 years ago

I already noticed the pond in the backround. That deck must be a wonderful place to sit and relax overlooking the yard.

• angelcub
    14 years ago

You're a keeper! : ) Lovely roses! And very pretty pond. Do you have more pics of it?

• liane_z4_canada
    14 years ago

Wow that is so pretty I don't think I have ever had such a perfect bouquet.
    Liane

• boxofrox
    Original Author
    14 years ago

angelcub,

I have some from a couple of years ago, but there aren't any roses in the shots :-)

{{gwi:32176}}

{{gwi:1070004}}

{{gwi:273523}}

• boxofrox
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Because all the plantings have matured so much, it's hard to get a picture showing the whole pond with all the waterfalls unless I crawl up on the roof. Maybe I'll do that one of these days when momma isn't looking :-) This is a picture from 2006........The tiled boxes on the deck house the pump. I've tried taking pictures of the koi but haven't quite mastered that art yet :-)

{{gwi:303419}}

• serenasyh
    14 years ago

Boxofrox, gorgeous pond and waterscaping... Your gate and patio area is so pretty, love the tiled table, the stone fish statue and all the lovely details of purples and magenta nested together... A masterpiece and jewel to behold...

and aaaah! no climbing the roof, o.k?!!! promise! we can't have you slipping and falling...what you've got is already so impressive! no climbing on the roof!

• msjam2
    14 years ago

Is that a dwarf maple? It's so pretty, what's the name of it?

I love the pics, it looks so serene. Thanks for sharing.

• boxofrox
    Original Author
    14 years ago

The maple is 'Viridis'. It's kind of hard to maintain that little isthmus so I just planted that maple, some jenny, and some 'Lipstick' strawberry. I wanted to let the whole area kind of naturalize so it's constantly changing especially with the groundcovers. I just let them battle it out unless it gets too onesided, then I intervene. The iris in the top waterfall reservoir get a little rowdy and have to be thinned and the wisteria is a beast in need of constant correction but other than that it is pretty low maintenance. Weeds don't stand much of a chance :-)

• angelcub
    14 years ago

Really beautiful! Love your mix of plant textures and colors. Everything looks so natural, which can be hard to achieve around man-made ponds. It looks like a perfectly lovely place to spend a few hours just chillin'. : )

Thanks for the inspiration!