Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Momma's Bouquet

Posted by boxofrox z8 PNW (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 11, 09 at 19:17

This is a pic of the bouquet I cut for my wife today :-)

Abe Darby, Betty Boop, Livin Easy, Easy Goin, The Dark Lady, LD Braithwaite, Eden, and Gertyrude Jekyl. Oh, and one peony.

June 09 Bouquet

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Momma's Bouquet

The colors are wonderful. Especially in the light from the window shining on it. Great combo.

o

So sweeeeet and pretty! I love your bouquet for your wife!

o

Beautifully done.

o

Very lovely - and touching that you did that for your wife! I bet it smells nice, too!

Lynn

o

The combination of colors is beautiful.

Your wife is a lucky lady---that bouquet is better than diamonds----

Florence

o

Thanks guys.

Rita, the picture is actually taken sitting on top of the glass deck railing overlooking the pond. The white flecks you see in the background are the spent wisteria blooms on the net.

o

So pretty! The colors are delicious!

o

I already noticed the pond in the backround. That deck must be a wonderful place to sit and relax overlooking the yard.

o

You're a keeper! : ) Lovely roses! And very pretty pond. Do you have more pics of it?

o

Wow that is so pretty I don't think I have ever had such a perfect bouquet.
Liane

o

angelcub,

I have some from a couple of years ago, but there aren't any roses in the shots :-)

pond with waterfalls

pergola by pond

Pond Entrance

o

Because all the plantings have matured so much, it's hard to get a picture showing the whole pond with all the waterfalls unless I crawl up on the roof. Maybe I'll do that one of these days when momma isn't looking :-) This is a picture from 2006........The tiled boxes on the deck house the pump. I've tried taking pictures of the koi but haven't quite mastered that art yet :-)

Photobucket

o

Boxofrox, gorgeous pond and waterscaping... Your gate and patio area is so pretty, love the tiled table, the stone fish statue and all the lovely details of purples and magenta nested together... A masterpiece and jewel to behold...

and aaaah! no climbing the roof, o.k?!!! promise! we can't have you slipping and falling...what you've got is already so impressive! no climbing on the roof!

o

Is that a dwarf maple? It's so pretty, what's the name of it?

I love the pics, it looks so serene. Thanks for sharing.

o

The maple is 'Viridis'. It's kind of hard to maintain that little isthmus so I just planted that maple, some jenny, and some 'Lipstick' strawberry. I wanted to let the whole area kind of naturalize so it's constantly changing especially with the groundcovers. I just let them battle it out unless it gets too onesided, then I intervene. The iris in the top waterfall reservoir get a little rowdy and have to be thinned and the wisteria is a beast in need of constant correction but other than that it is pretty low maintenance. Weeds don't stand much of a chance :-)

o

Really beautiful! Love your mix of plant textures and colors. Everything looks so natural, which can be hard to achieve around man-made ponds. It looks like a perfectly lovely place to spend a few hours just chillin'. : )

Thanks for the inspiration!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here