Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phatboyrose

Afew Climers

phatboyrose
12 years ago

Here's afew climers that we grow hope you enjoy.

Harold

GRAMHAM THOMAS

SOMBREUIL

DON JUAN IN THE FORGROUND AND HIGH SOCIETY BEHIND IT.

HIGH SOCIETY

STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN

AMERICA IN THE FORGROUND

ANOTHER HIGH SOCIETY

GOLDEN CELEBRATION

{{gwi:1250075}}

DREAM WEAVER

Comments (9)

• CapeHeart
    12 years ago

Harold these climbers are just gorgeous!!!!! Beautiful Roses!!!!

• dove_song
    12 years ago

Harold, WWWOOOWWW!!! Absolutely awesome!!! Thank you so much for sharing these with us. Swoon worthy, buddy, just swoon worthy... :-D

• serenasyh
    12 years ago

Wow, the climbers are so spectacular, Harold!

I can't get my America to Climb-- our zone 5 winters keep killing it to the ground, lol! So it's wonderful to experience its full glory and full height through you, Harold! :D I just looove Climbing America, it always has such beautiful blooms, even though it can BS significantly in my organics garden. And your Climbing America is the most Beautiful of all!

I also remember your Don Juan as being the very first rose photo you showed when you first came to our Rose Gallery. Everyone was soooo impressed! And all your red climbers are blazin'and huge! I bet the tea, Sombreuil, must smell divine!

How I wish I could grow teas in my climate! I absolutely adore the fragrant teas! I have one last attempt (Clementina Carboniera), but will probably murder it the way I murdered poor Mrs. B.R. Cant which I miss so much as well!

• boxofrox
    12 years ago

Outstanding Harold. Like KG, my America pales next to yours. My problem is not the winter so much as where it's planted. Both America and Stairway have way too much competition for light and food. All your climbers are awesome :-)

• phatboyrose
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks each and everyone for your inspiring comments I am truly blessed to live where roses bloom for so long each year. My heart goes out to those of you that live in the cold climates and the efforts you have to take to grow your roses. This is the sign of a true rose lover. Again Thanks
    Harold

• canadian_rose
    12 years ago

Thanks Harold!

I really, really, really love your Golden Celebration. Mine survives winters, but will never be that huge. Truly spectacular.

All of your climbers are just so beautiful.

Carol

• Krista_5NY
    12 years ago

Beautiful, vibrant colors!

Sombreuil looks very elegant.

• mantis__oh
    12 years ago

It's great to see these cultivars flourishing, since several of them were real busts here in the north (High Society and Stairway in particular). I am disappointed that your Dream Weaver is not bigger; is it a younger bush? I had hoped that someday mine here would flourish. Beautiful pictures!

Sponsored
Through The Garden, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
#1 Landscape Design Build Firm Serving Virginia/Maryland & DC Area