Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
boxofrox_2007

For Flag Day

boxofrox
13 years ago

Most people anymore either accidentally forget to remember or purposely remember to forget that June 14 is Flag Day. Since I am neither of those, here's my rose tribute..........:-)

My very first Double Delights, never expected them to look like this..............

White Eden

{{gwi:1250146}}

{{gwi:1250148}}

{{gwi:1250149}}

Oklahoma

{{gwi:1250150}}

{{gwi:1250151}}

Tamora

Sunset Celebration

KG's B-Day Bokay

{{gwi:1250154}}

Comments (8)

• serenasyh
    13 years ago

Spectacular, Boxo! whoo-hoo, for another sunny-side up view of the Birthday Bo-kay! and I wrote another 2nd big fat hug for the beauteous roses too! I just love how Sunset Celebration's face is framed and both she and Tamora just really light up the page!

Oklahoma has a very warm red to it, that is like cherries!

Fantastic! from an all and out FAN! whoo-hoo!

• canadian_rose
    13 years ago

Happy flag day to all of you in the States!

Those are spectacular roses!!

I especially like your Eden - wow - the petals are amazing!!! Oklahoma is almost as good!

Thank you for such a lovely view!

Carol

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    13 years ago

Great roses for flag day Boxofrox! We fly our 2 American Flags 24/7 year after year. :-)

• serenasyh
    13 years ago

Boxo, I just saw a thread today, asking about whether to get Abraham Darby and I was about ready to pop up into that thread and say, YES,get that A.D. right away! lol! these photos should convince you right away Except then I noticed she was zone 5, so then I thought uh, not so sure about A.D's cold hardiness because she's getting it as a baby band from Heirloom roses and if a small baby band needs a warmer zone to establish it may have "risks".

But back to me in zone 5/6, if I had gotten an available big fat A.D. rose from Austin instead of the dratted LEH, I would have gotten your A.D. instead of LEH! LOL! and darn, A.D. was not sold as a tree rose either by Austin, so if A.D. had been a tree rose and J&P went under in 2011, I could get an A.D. instead.

Well, anyway, I thought it'd make you smile to know that I was thinking of your A.D. again, today!

• zeffyrose
    13 years ago

Beautiful roses and Happy Flag Day to you

Florence

• boxofrox
    Original Author
    13 years ago

KG, You make me smile whether you are thinking about my AD or not :-) I know what you're saying about LEH vs AD and for sure it is no contest in my estimation both in disease resistant hardiness and overall beauty and fragrance.

Thanks Jim and Flo............HFD to you both too !!!!!

Here's a bouquet I made for my bride out of the above. You talk about fragrance, it has multiples of Abe Darby, Oklahoma, Sheila's Perfume, and Double Delight. It smells saweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet :-)

{{gwi:1250155}}

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    13 years ago

Yea Boxogrox I bet that bouquet really swooms (is that a word? lol) a room with fragrances!

• serenasyh
    13 years ago

So beautiful, Boxo! I echo what Jim says in terms of heavenly fragrances! It would make the perfect ballerina stage bouquet too in my opinion! I'm a huge ballet fan, and I just love dancing as well, and last night I was watching the Paris Ballet Theater documentary that portrayed all the preparations, the painstaking rehearsal after rehearsals. What was missing I felt were the flowers for the encore, lol! Your seasonal roses would make the perfect roses for the ballerinas to put in their rooms! Very beautiful!

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022