Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
boxofrox_2007

Easy Like Sunday Morning (or Saturday Night or....;-)

boxofrox
11 years ago

Ran the pressure washer all day long and all I got was these lousy pics.......Oh well, thanks for looking and hope you enjoy your Sunday !!!

Easy like a fat cat in a big garden

This bud's for you......and you and you and you and you

From my BBQ.........L2R= Double Delight/Black and Blue Salvia (L&R for the Hummers) & Chrysler Imperial

Deck to Pond

New Stuff in the dahlia bed by the pond

My Beloved Brandy (A gift from my niece replacing my lost one)

Dahlias/Brandy/Don Juan/New Dawn

Abraham Darby

Comments (14)

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

Oh, Boxo, everything looks goregous! And I love your pretty kitty peeking out from the roses!

• TNY78
    11 years ago

Love your koi pond! That looks amazing in your garden! but, your garden is stunning as a whole as well :)

Which rose is that in the "this bud's for you" pic...it looks like a very delicate single...

Tammy

• hosenemesis
    11 years ago

Oh, thank you for posting the photos of your pond. What a masterful job you have done making everything blend together and look natural. The whole garden is just beautiful.
    Renee

• inga007
    11 years ago

That looks like a serene, calming garden.

Love the "fat cat"too.

• bethnorcal9
    11 years ago

Beautiful flowers and beautiful kitty!!

• serenasyh
    11 years ago

Gorgeous garden, Boxo!!!! Stalker is dancing and prancing at the Sight of the Absolutely Dream Abraham D'Arby and Brandy is looking like a nice glass of sweet liqueur with all the raindrops! Ooo-ooo, looks like Lyda's about ready to explode with more color explosions even with its current prolif-ush deliciousness.....

Urrrk, says Eluane and runs for her life with the sight of the Fat Cat..... Fat Cat is so lovely too, but out-of-respect for Little E, I better not say too many nice things about the Kitty, for I know that the Glowing Green Eye is akin to Little E encountering a Ghostbuster's Ghost, from the viewpoint of Little E's eyes haha!

EG is a splendid sea of yellow, loooove it, Boxo!

Hey, did you notice that your beautiful aerial shot of the Deck-to-Pond, the colors of the dusky pink and lavender flowers echoes your wonderful"chessboard" tiles? So coooool!

Everything is a Feast for the Eyes!

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    11 years ago

Those are some great pics Boxo! Love the pond shot! :-)

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    11 years ago

You have a gorgeous garden with the most beautiful roses, but your kitty was the best part. I've never seen such long ear tufts. What a beauty!

• boxofrox
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you all for your kind words :-)

The pusspuss was a volunteer who came for the garden and stayed for the love. We just about lost her a month ago when some mean critter got ahold of her and ripped her up pretty good. Luckily I found her hunkered down under one of my daphnes where she probably wouldn't have made the night. We rushed her into emergency just in time. If you look close, you can see this whole side of her head and neck were shaved and are just now growing back. She stalks this compound like it was built for her. Until the attack, she was pretty much an outdoors cat, now she's not allowed out at night. My wife just adores her :-)

Here's the shot I posted last year of her and honest Abe Darby as well as some shots I took today..........

Never thought I'd be a CPA in my old age but I've become a Chicago Peace Admirer :-)

GS

Don Juan

LDB

The Wall of Easy

• serenasyh
    11 years ago

GORGEOUS WALL OF EASIES Boxo! The Stalker is thrilled to be FIRST IN THE LINEUP! bwahahaha!this time around and what a treat to have a Ginger Box of Candy Box-Oh!

Chicago Peace is making my eyes crazy like a Jim Carrey cartoon character! Wow, wow, and wowza!!! Both AD and CP are my absolute FAVs in the Nordstrom Dept. haha! If only Little E could be in your Garden, Renee's or Ingrid's, I'd be having 50 posts of her on this Gallery! Poor Eluane! my ugly garden ruins all the photo-op opportunities! My individual roses can be pretty but the garden itself is oh-so-Dreadful...Wish I could magically fly over and transport Eluane for camera pics!

• boxofrox
    Original Author
    11 years ago

KG, You are such a peach !!

Me thinks you only say that about your garden because you couldn't possibly take that many awesome shots of your divine canine and roses and have it be all that lumped up. But if you insist, you are welcome to click your heels together three times and have E bark three times and come West young woman ;-) If you make it the w/e of the 14th you can join 30 cackling hens in my garden for the nieces baby shower. I will have it ready but will not be within 50 miles till the coast is clear VBEG

• serenasyh
    11 years ago

Hahahaha, oh, Boxo, that is HILARIOUS! About the 30 cackling Women Hens!!!! Oooo, July 14th! I start my new job July 9th, and I don't want to forget that date and will have to highlight by my Blackberry, because babies are indeed milestones, and I at least want to send some good wishes your way! If I'm lucky I might be able to save up one good rose for your niece. I have one Purple Beauty Bud in the works, so I'm hoping the Magic Gardenville Sea Tea will protect that bud from our blasting Kansas heat. I'm sure you will have an ohhhh, so splendid recap of everyone celebrating in the Fabulous Garden. In fact, I suspect the Garden will be vying for everyone's attention, so unfotunately everyone will drag you kickin' and hollerin' as Tripod Man! You WON'T BE ABLE TO ESCAPE that easy.... If you do Escape with Your Sanity intact, hee-hee, be sure to do the Pre-Bouquets and Sneak Away while you have the chance. Sitting through women's shindigs is about as agonizing as accompanying a woman shopping! I am not the typical female so I can really identify what you poor Menfolk have to endure. I shop like a Shark, in for the kill in 5 minutes, then out just as fast!! Can spot out a beautiful on-sale outfit, know in a split-second just looking at it on the rack, whether or not it will fit, and go for the immediate KILL, hehe. Just like with Your Gorgeous Absolute Magnificent Roses, bwahaha! Just as fast and just as deadly, hee-hee! James is very, very lucky that I'm not a Girly-Girl. He and I love the action-blasting movies with blood, guts, and Computer CG exploding across the screen. Who knows, there could have been Kill Bill playing in the backdrop with my Baby Shower had I been lucky enough to have babies! :P

• zeffyrose
    11 years ago

WOW_WOW_WOW---Your roses are gorgeous---your garden is magnificent---so calming and restful---

Love your kitty --a real beauty with lovely eyes----what in the world kind of a critter could have done that much damage to her ?
    Thank goodness you found her--
    Keep these wonderful pictures coming-----
    Florence

• kathy9norcal
    11 years ago

Glorious garden and photos of roses. Wow-it must be fun sitting out there admiring it. Thanks for sharing with us!

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES