Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Beauties up close

Posted by dublinbay z6 KS (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 13, 12 at 19:40

Not all my roses have started into their second blooming cycle, but a number have and are beautiful. Enjoy!

Chrysler Imperial (HT)--born to be photographed, no doubt about it.
Photobucket

Chrysler Imperial (HT)-- Let's face it--she has no bad side.
Photobucket

Memoire (HT)--a new one in my garden. Seems to be very good on the re-bloom and so far, no big disease problems. I'm liking this one a lot.
Photobucket

Jubilee Celebration (Austin)--another one that the camera just loves.
Photobucket

Gypsy Carnival (HT)--gorgeous blooms, but my camera doesn't do a good job of capturing the yellow at the base of each petal.
Photobucket

Gypsy Carnival (HT)--again, hard to see the yellow at the base, but otherwise a wonderful bloom.
Photobucket

Elle (HT)--as the season progresses, this bloom will get more pastel pink.
Photobucket

Red Intuition (HT)--new this year, and I'm loving this stripey. Seems to be doing well on the re-bloom and disease hasn't been a big problem.
Photobucket

Buff Beauty (hybrid musk)--just one bloom standing there rather exquisitely--not even a typical BB bloom (too apricot)--but there it stands saying "take my picture too." So I did.
Photobucket

Don't know why I didn't take a picture of the new Lady of Shalott (Austin) I stood and admired this morning. Perhaps I'll start a new thread on it tomorrow. : )

Kate

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Beauties up close

Lovely pics of some great roses, thanks for sharing.

o

A Second Wowwww from me for Chrysler Imperial. But Gypsy Carnival is fantastic too. I can see the yellow just fine!

o

• Posted by jim1961 5/6 central pa (My Page) on
    Thu, Jun 14, 12 at 18:44

very nice pics!

o

• Posted by TNY78 7a-East TN (My Page) on
    Thu, Jun 14, 12 at 19:11

So pretty! I really like Gypsy Carnival and Chrysler Imperial. Red Intuition is stunning. I had it ownroot last year and it didn't make it through the winter (it was a late season buy, and very tiny band). I think I'll try it grafted next season :)

Tammy

o

Thanks, Kate! I'm loving your photos of your delightful roses. :)

o

Thank you for your comments, everyone. I do declare--Chrysler and Gypsy seem to be the big hits of the day. See how red they are blushing with pleasure!!!!

Kate

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 15, 12 at 16:55

Wow, they're looking wonderful, Kate! I love the smoky look of Chrysler Imperial!

o

There you go again, teasing me with Red Intuition which I am now completely infatuated with. Chrysler Imperial - one of my favorite of all roses - isn't she amazing?

o

Buff Beauty steals the show!
Thank you!
Renee

o

I want a stripey rose. Maybe I will try Red Intution. I have Memoire..got it last year. It is very nice

o

Outstanding Kate !!!!

I added CI this year in a pot on my upper deck but have yet to get anything to compare to yours. Maybe sun would help ? Yours is stunning and gives me hope that it was a wise choice for my spot.

o

Gorgeous!!! Absolutely beautiful blooms!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here