Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ordphien

Kokoloko never missed a beat!

ordphien
9 years ago

Despite my stupidity planting roses this late in the year. During drought. Kokoloko refuses to give in.
He's happily throwing out tons of new growth and blooms.
Great healthy rose.

Comments (8)

• canadian_rose
    9 years ago

Wow - that's stunning!! I mean come on!! Hard to believe those colors are on the same rose. Does it start pink, and then change to tan?? Do you ever get the different colors on the bush together? Does it have any scent?

I love it!!
    Carol

• ordphien
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The buds are a beautiful terra cotta colour. As it opens it reveals the tan colour.
    It's hard to tell from the pictures but the pink is really a nice mauve. The tan takes on milky violet tones and eventually fades to mauve. Which then fades to lavender.

Yes! You often get all of its phases on the plant at the same time. It's really lovely.
    It's nice and bushy too.

It has a very lovely scent. Juicy and sweet. It actually wafts a few feet from two blooms when it's hot out.

• iris_gal
    9 years ago

Nice collage.

I was blown away by its display in S.J. this spring. A nice shade of mauvey pink. No buds when I was there. All open blooms. Covered the bushes.

• ordphien
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I hope mine gets like that in the future.
    Smothered in blooms.

• seil zone 6b MI
    9 years ago

Beautiful, Ord! don;t you love how the colors change on Koko?

• User
    9 years ago

beautiful! I so wish it was available here ;-(

• ordphien
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I really do. I meant to catch the lavender stage. But by the time I got out there the bloom was wilted.

It was barely available here lol.
    My local nursery got them in last year. And I said. You've planted enough this year. Next year.

Next year came. Kokoloko was gone! When I asked they had one left.
    The guy said he ordered 10 two years ago and they had been struggling to sell them all for 2 years.
    I got the last one lol.

• ordphien
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Even though the blossoms wilted. I decided to catch a shot of it last evening before I cut them off. It's such a lovely cool lavender in its final stage. Sunset made it a little orange lol.