Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Oklahoma. My fave red

Posted by densiemill (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 13, 14 at 19:56

I love this rose for its huge blooms, velvety deep red color and the fragrance which makes it the perfect bedside companion.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Oklahoma. My fave red

Denise - That is very lovely. I really do need to try Oklahoma, since that's my state. Besides Firefighter, I have Chrysler Imperial and just planted Mister Lincoln.

o

• Posted by jim1961 6a Central Pa. (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 13, 14 at 22:03

Nice! How big is that bloom?

o

Love, love that dark color!!!
Unfortunately mine (3rd summer this year - still no blooms) has yet to have any fragrance. Bummer.
Lovely, gorgeous rose!!! LUcky you.
Carol

o

Love the velvety reds!

o

Jim I will have to check the size of that bloom but it was huge. Here is one about to open...just madly in love with my Oklahoma!

o

I enjoyed all these pics of Oklahoma. I just planted one this spring and already adore it. If the wind ever settles down, maybe I can get a pic of it--2 new buds opened today.

That dark red is wonderful!

Kate

o

Kate
The anticipation must be killing you....please your pictures to this thread. I can't wait to see them.

o

I'll join!! Here's mine from last year. :)
No blooms so far this summer - we've had rain for almost a month. I'm so sick of it.
I'll post another one of a full bush shot.
Carol

o

As you can see....not as red as yours - probably not enough heat here. But still beautiful.

o

Okay my last one...forgive all the pictures - but I'm just so anxious for anything rosy to happen here. :)

o

Finally, the wind quit blowing around here. It's a wonder all my tall larkspur and lilies are still standing!

So here is my new Oklahoma--I just adore those dark, dark blooms. And so big!

This is its second blooming cycle, so I think maybe I can count on it to be rather floriferous. No disease problems since I planted it back in late April. Keeping my fingers crossed on that one!

Isn't it interesting what a range of reds we get, depending on what region we live in. I keep wondering if it has to do with how alkaline the soil is--but I don't really know.

At any rate, all the pics show a wonderful rose. Oklahoma is a winner!

Kate

o

Just bumping this up to the top (I hope) so others can see my Oklahoma. : )

Kate

o

Carol - I like your full bush shot. Kate - Yours is so pretty and I really do like the white contrasting flowers, very nice touch.

o

nice rose, can i get one?

o

Yeah - I agree!! The white flowers look awesome with the red/purple colors. Mmmmm. :)

Carol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here