Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Purple Pavement

Posted by krista_4 NY (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 8, 11 at 20:09

This first pic shows Purple Pavement in the background. It does not get all day sun here....

It's not a great pic, kind of far away.... but it gives an idea of the growh habit.

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

This second pic is a close up view of the Antique roses in the foreground, the Bourbon Louise Odier on the left, and the Damask Perpetual Mme Souveton.

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Purple Pavement has remained compact in my garden setting, doesn't sucker much. It might be grafted, not sure if it's grafted or own root, I bought it at a local nursery.

I like the dark vibrant color of it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Purple Pavement

oh, my goodness, Krista! The combination is gorgeous! The pink of Louise Odier and Purple Pavement. Oh, that is such a dream combination!!!! Beautiful, absolutely beautiful!!!!

wow, you've had much better luck with it not suckering. The people in England say that it is the only drawback they can think of is the suckering. They say Belle Poitevine suckers less...

o

• Posted by jim1961 z 5/6 Central Pa (My Page) on
    Thu, Jun 9, 11 at 14:14

Great lookin rose blooms/bushes there Krista!

o

Krista, I also like the color and rose flower combination of Purple Pavement, Louise Odier, and Mme. Souvton a lot. Wouldn't have thought that a rugosa would go so well with a bourbon and a damask perpetual. When I see your photo I am thinking about my Purple Pavement, which I just recently gave away, because it hated my alkaline soil and water. Too bad, but it wasn't meant to grow in my garden. The more I enjoy seeing yours :-)!

Thanks for posting!

Christina

Here is a link that might be useful: Organic Garden Dreams

o

Yeah, that is really great!!! All of those roses benefit from being together. None of them would be as lovely without the other. Great job in making that combo. Sigh - so lovely!!

Carol

o

Very pretty indeed. I have been trying to find a place for Purple Pavement in my yard for some time now. Yours isn't all sprawly like some, nice form. Thanks for sharing those.

Kate

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here