Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Simple Roses

Posted by newyorkrita z6b/7a LI NY (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 18, 09 at 20:14

Carefree Delight. Once it starts flowering about this time of year, it just never stops. Always covered with blooms.

Darlows Enigma is one of those lovely small flowered single white roses.

So is The Gift, which I prefer over Darlows Enigma.

Champlain is a small flowered double small spot of cheerful bright red.

The Fairey just started blooming in the past two days. Again, it never is out of bloom.

Veilchenblau. What a beautiful show it puts on for me in the spring over by the old cherry tree.

Abigail Adams Rose

Roses aren't the only beautiful simple flowers in the garden. Here some of my cosmos adding charm to the front yard along a stone wall.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Simple Roses- adding one

I forgot to post Little Butterfly :-((

o
RE: Simple Roses

I like simple roses too:-). Why do you like the Gift? Does it set hips? Is fragrance strong? I recommended it to my SIL in Michigan and am curious:-).

Masha

o
RE: Simple Roses

The Gift is the perfect rose. At least in this climate as I understand it can get really, really big in California.

Beautiful deep green glossy leaves. Blooms like crazy all summer. Set thousands of tiny little rose hips but that doesn't stop it from blooming away. Wonderfull pleasant scent that I could smell coming right out of the box when I first bought it. Does not throw long canes just grows nicely. Totally hardy and troublefree. Never gets any deseases and its totally no spray. Beautiful small white flowers.

In fact I don't do anything to it but enjoy the blooms. I absolutely love this rose.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here