Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

I love my roses so more pictures.

newyorkrita
14 years ago

A section of the front yard.

{{gwi:626128}}

Golden Zest with Citrus Splash in Middle.

{{gwi:626127}}

Greetings.

{{gwi:626126}}

New Orleans.

{{gwi:626125}}

Scarlett Velvet

Royal Wedding.

{{gwi:626123}}

Heaven on Earth

{{gwi:626122}}

Kateryna

{{gwi:626120}}

Lady in Waiting

{{gwi:626124}}

Some orange Sunblase Series Minis.

{{gwi:626072}}

A rose I bought from Ashdown afew years ago. Can't remember the name.

Darlows Enigma.

{{gwi:284896}}

The Gift, I love this rose.

{{gwi:284895}}

The Gift, closeup.

{{gwi:626075}}

Just a front yard rose view.

Comments (9)

• serenasyh
    14 years ago

I absolutely love your terracing...(retaining wall)...looks so New England/English garden-like... Wow, I'm very impressed!

Gorgeous deep greens, a forest! of roses upon roses!

very heavenly!

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    14 years ago

On that first picture, you can see the terrace with the roses in it. But the garden section in front of it with the lilies and daylilies is a terrace also. You can just see some of the block edging at the very right in the picture.

• ramblinrosez7b
    14 years ago

Hi Rita, I was just going to do some lurking tonight and not post but I just had to sign in and post a reply to your rose photos. Truly Amazing!! I cannot get over how beautiful and healthy your roses really are, they look fabulous! No kidding! I mean it, they look so wonderful, what are you feeding them? These photos should be in a magazine they are absolutely stunning! You really have an incredibly beautiful garden this year! Congratulations!! If you have more pictures please post them.

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you for the nice compliments. I have afew posts here in the galley with more (older) rose pictures. Will be taking more pictures in days to come for sure. My roses are only getting started for this year.

I feed the roses rose tone in the spring, I just literally toss it over the rose garden beds.

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    14 years ago

Oh WOW Miss Rita!! Your roses are soooooo pretty and healthy. Is rosetone all you use? Do you spray for blackspot? You definitely have two green thumbs and eight green fingers. You are talented. Thanks for sharing, Judy

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I spray every two weeks with Bayer Advanced Desease Control for Roses. In the spring I toss them RoseTone and this spring some Greensand.

• the_bustopher z6 MO
    14 years ago

You have some nice ones. I also now have the Golden Zest and the Scarlet Velvet. My Scarlet Velvet has not gotten very large. My Golden Zest is new this year and just beginning to bloom. It looks promising. It is too bad that its fragrance can't be captured in a picture. I am just wondering how big your Golden Zest has gotten. It might give me a clue as to its actual growth habit.

• zeffyrose
    14 years ago

Your garden is so lush and inviting---
    Thanks for sharing these lovely pictures---
    It is cold and rainy here today and your pictures brightened up my day.

Florence

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I prune heavily each spring, even most of the shrub roses. So I don't know how large Golden Zest would get if left alone. Its not one of those unmanageable roses that throws out long canes and I love it.

Scarlett Velvett will catch up I bet. Takes the own roots longer but once they get afew years on them, no problem.

Sponsored
Century Stair Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
DC Metro Area Luxury Custom Staircase & Railing Professional