Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Candyland

newyorkrita
15 years ago

Front yard shrub rose section I call Candyland because of all the yummy cool colors just starting full flush. Not even all the roses are in bloom there as Louise Clemments is loaded with buds but not open. You can't see New Orleans from this angle but the front row you can see from left to right, Royal Wedding (pink) Golden Zest (yellow), Citrus Splash, Ruffled Cloud, Greetings and Scarlett Velvet (red). Further down you can see the daylily bed that will be in bloom come July.

This whole thing, block wall, rose section and daylily section was done last year in late spring and early summer.

Wider angle showing Candyland and the front yard Florabunda bed I call Florabundaville.

{{gwi:705203}}

At Florabundaville looking back towards Candyland. Just at the top of the picture you can see the white blooms of my Blackberry shrubs in bloom.

Unfortunaly the row of Sunsprites in the very front of this picture had to be dug up this spring to put in the low stone wall running accross the front of the property this spring. Caused them to loose just about all their buds as they were fully leafed out and wind up spending about a week soaking like bare roots in a small 35 gallon pond I have here because it was the only thing I could find big enough to get them all in. They are now starting lots of new growth but are behind the other roses in growth because of the setback they had.

This is one side of a section of my back yard. The rose is my non climbing should be climbing America. You are looking at a batch of terracing I had done late last fall (November) were I had an old ivey covered falling down crumbling wall taken out and replaced with the terracing. Then the planting which features lots of daylilies and annuals in the bottom two (rounded) terraces and Nasturtiums planted in front of 180 Asiatic and Oriental Lilies on the third (straight) terrace.

All the planting except for putting the rose back last fall, was done this spring. This picture (and the others above) was taken today. Before I planted anything I dug a long trench running along the back of the third terrace and then I filled it with the Lily Bulbs.

Things here are very cottage garden.

Comments (10)