ST PATRICK

STRIKE IT RICH

SPELLBOUND

FRONT GARDEN VEIW

{{gwi:1251504}}

Comments (13)

• serenasyh
    12 years ago

Harold, I just love your HTs...So classical and spiraling!!! So fancy just like the floral boutique shops... :D

• kasiec
    12 years ago

Your roses looks so happy and healthy Harold. The fat buds on them are amazing. I have to agree with Serena that your roses looks like floral boutique shops. Thanks for posting the photos.

Kasie

• inga007
    12 years ago

Nice to see the bushes. They all look lush and healthy.
    I would love to be your neighbor, to have such a lovely view.

• phatboyrose
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you each and everyone, I just love beautiful roses no matter who they belong to. My neighbors say that the smell travels all over the neighorhood. I wish I could smell them, but after beening a weldor for some thirty years my smeller dosen't work any more.
    Harold

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    12 years ago

Great photos Harold! Glad to see you posting again!
    Hope all is ok with yourself, wife, & family.

• serenasyh
    12 years ago

Lol, Harold, I'd be shoving my face into every one of those fragrant roses, hahaha! I am one craaaazy fragrance fiend, and none of those beauties would be able to escape. Adele's pies would not be safe either, so it's a good thing I'm not a neighbor, lol! Hummm, maybe it's a good thing I'm not Boxo's neighbor either! I'd be setting up a tent in his garden, and stayin' FOREVER! and wandering around his garden with a camera like a crazy loon and constructing a beehive house at his place as well....VBEG!

• sweetvenge
    12 years ago

fantastic looking roses you have there, simply stunning.

• C Schaffner
    12 years ago

Great pictures. Your Saint Patrick is beautiful. Mine is covered with buds, but it is very tall and doesn't look as good as yours.

• iris_gal
    12 years ago

Pope John looks great! My friend's is struggling and I'll show her this picture to prove it does well in the right spot. Maybe I can persuade her to move it. Most gorgeous white rose I've seen.

• boxofrox
    12 years ago

Phatso,

Them's some mighty phyne specimens !!!!!

Of course for those who know my taste, my favoritest one is............................??????

Strike it Rich of course......not even close :-)

• phatboyrose
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Mr Jim thanks for asking me and the Miss are doing fine. Thank you for taking time to look at the roses and give my best to Ms Sue for me. I'm glad to be back with good people.

Ms Serena it's a good thing you don't live in my neighborhood I don't think that they could handle two rose nuts around here. But boy would we have a good time eating pies and growing roses.

Sweetvenge, thank you for your lovely comments, I'm glad you like them for that is what it is all about.

Pelicanhead, I keep my St. Patrick cut back hard and it still reaches six feet by Summers end.

Iris gal, If you notice closely you'll see that PJP II is growing a pot. I got this rose two years ago from a local nursery It was a pitiful sight it was completely covered with blackspot. I took it home and took off every leaf on it which wasn't many to start with. And has done very well ever sence.

Mr. Boxofrox, thank you for those wonderful comments. I think that you have picked a winner. Everyone that see's Strike It Rich loves it. It seems like it's always in bloom and it stops more cars on my street than you could believe. Again Thanks to everyone.
    Harold

• msjam2
    12 years ago

Oh my Lord! How gorgeous are they!!

Your Pope JPII- is he in full sun? Mine is planted in full sun all day long and it's frying the flowers. :( I wonder if it will make a difference potting him and some shade?

• canadian_rose
    12 years ago

My favorite is Ronald Regan - it looks very much like Elizabeth Taylor - another of my favorites.

Your front yard is SPECTACULAR!!! I want to be your neighbor!!!!

Kudos and wow!!!

Carol

Sponsored
Ronald J. Smith Interiors, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Veteran Interior Designer Serving Clients in Upper Marlboro