Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Abracadabra

Posted by athenainwi z4b/5 WI (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 1, 08 at 21:12

I bought this rose last year from Moore's Roses and my plant reverted and didn't have stripes. This is my new one that does have stripes, and I love it. Sorry the picture is blurry, it was taken on my iPhone which isn't very adjustable.
Abracadabra Rose

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Abracadabra

Don't feel sorry. I bought one from them also and it reverted. Like the 3 striped blooms I got but and thinking it is Hocus Pocus because Abracadabra is suppose to to stable and the flowers never got to hybrid tea size.

o

That's still a very pretty and interesting looking rose. I like the colors of it.

o

I've always rose-lusted after Abracadabra!! Such a beautiful stripe - I think it's the MOST beautiful stripe. Wish I could grow it here! Thanks for the look!

Carol

o

i know it has been a long time since this post started but i was wondering if you still had the abracadabra rose, and if so would be willing to sell it to me or root me up some cuttings. Ive looked everywhere and you can't find these anymore. Please contact me back asap when you get this! my email is dallischurch@rocketmail.com

o

Bonsaimaster1, BethNorCal, who has been starting all the alphabet threads on right now has Abracadabra. She also has Simsalabim which seems to be very similar. You might ask Beth if she could spare a cutting for you. Diane

o

Bonsai, check out Beth's letter A roses, and letter S part II roses for good pics of Abra and Simsal. Diane

o

Abrakadabra (Kordes) is geneticaly more stable then Hocus-Pocus, but very often the red color (from Black Magic) overwhelms the yellow.

o

Love the second of your photos, neptune.

o

bonsaimaster1, Kordes don't offer Abrakadabra any longer.
You can order it from Florov Rose Nursery. Ask about delivery cost and the phyto certificate.
http://www.florov.com/magazin?page=shop.browse&category_id=6

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here