Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any surprises out there?

Posted by cambel z6-7a DC (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 2, 11 at 21:42

Ok, here is one.

We were at a grocery store, and saw these two little pretty mini rose bushes, one white and one red.

Well we grabbed them, put them in two small pots out front and then....WOW. HUGE nearly full sized blooms, CRAZY growth, and even scent! And....we have NO idea what type of roses they are! They are now in larger pots and looking fantastic in their second year.

Anybody else pick up something on a whim and have it turn out to be fantastic?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any surprises out there?

I love surprises! In March we moved to our forever farm. In front of the house was a huge bed of weeds, grass, Va Creeper, poison ivy... I started cleaning out the bed and found a tiny 4" sprig of a rose bush.. I dug it up cleaned the bed up and replanted it, fertilized it good.. WELL, in three months, It has grown 6ft, is full of red roses-- I think it is a Don Juan... I will prune it and move it in the fall and put it a permanent place with it's own trellis...

o
RE: Any surprises out there?

queenbee - I had the same experience when we moved to our new house. Tiny 2" sprig. I took it out of the hellish ground - tons of rocks and tree roots. Now I have a lovely Morden Blush rose (in a pot - ground is terrible here)

Carol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here