Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
boxofrox_2007

White Eden and Friends

boxofrox
12 years ago

I spent the day painting my house on a ladder high above my pond with a view of the front fence and White Eden. His climbing mate (not exactly sure why I assign masculinity to WE but I do ;-) the blue clematis is struggling to open. Perhaps tomorrow with a bit more sun it will. During breaks I shot a few shots. Hope you enjoy and thanks for looking :-)

Darlow's Enigma and White Eden

Blue clematis starting to open

Magic Carpet spiraea

Magic Carpet, Autumn Charm and Suzie Sedums

Intrigue

First Hot Cocoa of the year

LD Braithwaite

Betty Boop

Abraham Darby

{{gwi:1252604}}

{{gwi:1252605}}

{{gwi:1252606}}

Comments (15)

• le_jardin_of_roses
    12 years ago

Ok, Boxo! I can go with White Eden being male. He is very elegant at any rate and he looks like an old garden rose, so I love him. I, like Serena, am also wild about your Abraham Darby blooms. What a nice swirl of yellow, peach, pink and cream his blooms are. And your as handsome as any bloom they produce too, Boxo. As always, it's a pleasure to see what you are posting.

Juliet

• boxofrox
    Original Author
    12 years ago

He will be flattered when I tell him my dear.... you are so kind :-)

• serenasyh
    12 years ago

Oh, so gorgeous Boxo!!!!

I fell far behind for a couple of days :( Alas, Stalker got held up by freelance work/panic zone...I am still very much behind, and the house is a mess because of all the things I had to take care of this week!

Abraham D'Arby is shining and glowing even amidst all the rains...I can tell you're getting the same sun then rain, then rain, then rain with a few peeks of sun in between, just like Kansas has been getting. Except ours primarily occurs at late night, the good ole thunderstorms that keep one from staying asleep (roll eyes). Juliet, yes, I am totally head over heels over A.D....He is always the Showcase and the Heart-Stopper, lol!

Boxo, the blue clematis is sooo cool and intriguing! It's like an outdoor version of some glamorous orchid, very uniquely formed....And speaking of Intrigue, that is a wonderful deep violet-pink you've got going!

And hurrrrray, my 2nd favorite rose has made His Showing as well, HOT COCOA. I've been waiting for him it seems like forever, lol! And wow does he look DELICIOUS!!!!!!

• inga007
    12 years ago

Love the unusual coloring of Hot cocoa, all the blooms are beautifull.

Glad you took some breaks :>) so you could take these lovely photos.

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    12 years ago

Things look really good in your garden Boxofrox!
    I recently planted two Spirea Double Play Big Bangs.

Here is a link that might be useful: Spirea Big Bang

• seil zone 6b MI
    12 years ago

He looks magnificent, boxo! That blue clem is a beauty too. And I love the picture of Ms. Boop!

• kathy9norcal
    12 years ago

Your roses are so beautiful and you take wonderful photos of them!

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    12 years ago

White Eden is absolutely gorgeous; I really like it better than the more common one. I went weak at the knees at the pictures of Abraham Darby. Its color is sublime and the ruffly petals make it look like a giant peony. The close-up of the clematis opening is very special.

Ingrid

• Krista_5NY
    12 years ago

Your roses and clematis are spectacular, wonderful colors.

• boxofrox
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Jim, I have tons of spiraea, mostly Magic Carpet and Limemound. It's a great shrub for contrasting foliage.

Seil, That blue clem is a trip, it unveils a layer every day or so and when it's fully open it's almost like a quad. Here it is today.....

kathy and krista.....thanks, I just water, point, and click :-)

Ingrid, I think what I like about WE is he's somewhat complicated ;-) I find Abraham Darby absolutely spellbinding so I get your weak kneed-ness. My camera can NEVER remain silent when I walk through the Memory Garden and he is awake.............from today.......

{{gwi:1252609}}

{{gwi:1252610}}

{{gwi:1252611}}

{{gwi:1252612}}

{{gwi:1252613}}

{{gwi:1252614}}

• serenasyh
    12 years ago

Yummm, yummmm, Peaches and Cream, Hurrrrayyyy! I feel like I'm dining on the fanciest French Dessert with A.D.....So many layers of ultimate Delectable-ness...!!!

• phatboyrose
    12 years ago

You grow some of the most exquisitive roses and clematis that I've seen anywhere. I love your Hot Cocoa and I'm envious of the beautiful clematis that you grow. I would never miss one of your post, because I know I'm in for a real treat.
    Harold

• canadian_rose
    12 years ago

Oh come on Boxo!!!

I've never seen such beautiful shots of Abraham Darby.

I also love your Hot Cocoa and L.D. Braithwaite.

I'm swooning from the beauty.

Wow

Carol

• boxofrox
    Original Author
    12 years ago

This puppy here is my next rising star......Ginger Syllabub. It's a 2nd year climber and is absolutely loaded with buds that won't open till the sunshine returns. I'm most likely going to miss the huge flush next week :-(

• hosenemesis
    12 years ago

Your photos of Abraham Darby are to die for. I had no idea- that's why people love this rose so much! What a beauty. Ginger Syllabub is another gorgeous rose.