Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lesmc

Garden Shot

lesmc
10 years ago

This is my back right garden by the lake. This garden has around 50 roses and many other flowers. I have two gardens...one in each back corner of our yard. Hope you like it!!! Lesley

Comments (19)

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

That's wonderful, lesmc! All the healthy blooming roses, the path, the view of the waters beyond, and the trees in the distance. What a view!

Kate

• inga007
    10 years ago

Wow! A lovely and neat garden.

• amberroses
    10 years ago

Very colorful and beautiful

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

Oh my goodness!!! That looks perfect. Sooooo pretty!!!!
    Well done!!
    Carol

• Maude80
    10 years ago

That's absolutely gorgeous. Pretty enough to be an oil painting:)
    Maude

• bethnorcal9
    10 years ago

Wow that's gorgeous! Let's see the other corner!

• lesmc
    Original Author
    10 years ago

O.K. Beth...this is one shot of the Gazebo garden in the other back corner! This was my first garden attempt, which quickly got out of hand! lesley

• lesmc
    Original Author
    10 years ago

A closer look at the Gazebo garden.... lesley

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

Your gazebo garden is a most charming cottage-style garden. I love it.

Is that Munstead Wood I spy toward the front of that pic? That is my new dream rose!

Kate

• lesmc
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Kate...actually, that is William S. 2000. I haveMunstead Wood on my wish list. It will be my next purchase when a spot opens up.Thank you for your kind words. I always enjoy your garden pictures and your rose knowledge. Lesley

• dog_wood_2010
    10 years ago

Very nice! I really like the stone path by the lake.

• zeffyrose
    10 years ago

Lesley----Your pictures are wonderfull I grew up on a lake and I still miss it---so nice to live near water

I love your stone path

Florence

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

Here I am bringing back another beautiful garden for us to enjoy in the dreary days of late November. Lesley your carefully thought out garden is one of my favorites on the forum. The setting, hardscape, and companion plants bring out the beauty of your roses. Thanks for a walk through this garden so lush and refreshing. If you have more pics like these, I'd love to see them. Diane

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

Wow!! So beautiful!! I would just love to walk through your garden. :)
    Carol

• surya55_gw
    10 years ago

Delphiniums & roses- what more could a girl ask for? Stunning thx for sharing.

• sara_ann-z6bok
    10 years ago

Such a beautiful combination of roses and other flowers with the special touches and everything is so green, it's heavenly! Definitely magazine worthy.

• iris_gal
    10 years ago

Wow. Stunning lake backdrop. I love the stone path with the stones used as edging.

Are the clump leaves daylilies?

Thanks Nana for bringing these pics back. I missed them.

• lesmc
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you all for your kind comments. I was surprised to see this up again!Iris, yes...those are day lilies. I have around 100 mixed in the beds.Carol, I would love to have you walk thru my garden. Come to KY! Diane...I love your garden. I can`t wait for my roses to get the size of yours and for them to produce such blooms as I see in your roses. I have never seen a garden when I was not in amazement of lifes beauty. Hope to see more pictures of everyones garden during our winter to come. Thanks, for the nice words. Lesley

• titian1 10b Sydney
    10 years ago

Such a healthy, lush pretty garden. And the proportions of the hedges and arches look just right, and give such great structure.