Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My south rose bed

Posted by Sara-Ann z6b OK (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 29, 14 at 22:23

Here's a couple of pictures of my south rose bed, which is in full bloom. It is difficult for me to show how colorful it really is.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My south rose bed

This is on the east end.

o

Oh how lovely!! I love the mix of colors. They look so happy altogether. Great job!!
Carol

o

Sara Ann your roses are always so pretty and healthy looking! I love seeing pics of everyone's beds. Some of mine are slapped full and others are being over hauled! Thanks for sharing!! Judy

o

Thank you ladies, I appreciate it. It is really very colorful, but difficult for me to get any good pictures.

o

I've been trying to get some better pictures of my south bed, this picture is on the west end.

o

This one is on the east end.

o

Now how do you train all your roses to bloom so beautifully and all at the same time?

I swear my roses are all on separate and individual blooming schedules.

Very colorful--comes across very well. And they all look so beautiful and healthy.

Kate

o

That does a much better job of showing how colorful it really is.
I love it!! You've done a marvelous job!!
Carol

o

Thank you Kate and Carol. Kate, I don't do anything, I got lucky, I guess. I wasn't expecting that many blooms at once either. My front bed is blooming good too, but gets so much of the afternoon sun the blooms don't look as nice. My spring flush was beautiful, but short lived because during that time we had a lot of wind. I am enjoying this one a lot.

o

Wow Sara Ann! Just Wow! You have done a wonderful job with your roses! Yes great mix of color! :-)

o

Wonderful.what do u use as pot mixture?

o

For my potted roses I use Miracle Gro Potting mix, mix in some top soil and add Mills Rose Magic, usually just one cup in my container roses. A 40 lb. bag of Miracle Gro mix is just about the right amount for the size of containers I use, which I think are the 24 inch.

o

Beautiful rose garden! What is the name of the red rose bush in the last pic? It is very lush and beautiful.

o

Boncrow - That is Liebeszauber, a hybrid tea. I love it. It has a tendency to get fairly tall, but I think it will be manageable. It gets lots of big blooms on it and they stay pretty on the bush for awhile. It is turning out to be one of my favorites, a pleasant surprise. I have one in another bed that is doing just as good as the one pictured. I might add that it is on multiflora rootstock, from Palatine.

Here's a close up of the blooms.

This post was edited by Sara-Ann on Mon, Jul 14, 14 at 19:55

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here