Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bethnorcal9

Finally done tweaking pics

bethnorcal9
9 years ago

Geez... it's taken me months to get caught up with all the pics I've been taking. I have to adjust and tweak and reduce the sizes, etc. My Gimp program was sooooo slow for most of the last couple yrs. But my son updated my computer and reloaded a newer version that goes really fast now!! Yippee!!

Here's a sampling of pics from the last 2-3 months!

ALL AMERICAN MAGIC
{{gwi:329641}}

APRIL HAMER

BLACK TEA

DAY BREAKER

HEAVEN ON EARTH
{{gwi:1253214}}

INTRIGUE
{{gwi:1253215}}

JULIO IGLESIAS
{{gwi:329626}}

MACHO MAN

MALICORNE
{{gwi:1253217}}

MISCHIEF

MONTE CARLO COUNTRY CLUB
{{gwi:1253219}}

NIGHT OWL CL
{{gwi:1253220}}

PARFUM DE GRASSE

PHILATELIE
{{gwi:313328}}

SILVERADO
{{gwi:322350}}

TWILIGHT ZONE my second plant in two seasons... and now it is dying just like the previous one. Guess I'll be giving up on this one!

Comments (11)

• iris_gal
    9 years ago

Thanks for all the work Beth. My nemesis is now Photobucket. Slow.

I have a friend lusting after 'Twilight Zone'. She's close to the beach with sandy soil. Wonder if it will perform for her? Sad your 2 died.

Glad 'Swirling Orange' is hanging in for you. Mine has always been rather spindly but produces such great blooms. I may have rooted an unknown yellow! Next try is Swirling.

'Malicorne' is tonight's pick. What a great deep shade of red. Love 'Julio' too. And the dual-centers 'Silverado' makes are nifty. 'Black Tea' always a favorite.

• davids10 z7a nv.
    9 years ago

wonderful pics of wonderful roses-my pick would be all american magic-sweet

• sara_ann-z6bok
    9 years ago

Very lovely roses Beth. They are all so pretty, but I particularly like Mischief, Macho Man and Day Breaker. I always look forward to seeing your pics.

• inga007
    9 years ago

Beautiful, a always, still some unseen surprises.

• canadian_rose
    9 years ago

Wow!!!!
    Here is a picture of my Julio Iglesias - look how much more vibrant yours is!! And the stripes look wider on yours too!! Great job!!

• canadian_rose
    9 years ago

Also....
    I love your April Hamer!!!! Talk about stunning!!!! Oh wow!!!
    Silverado looks great!!! Interestingly enough that's the exact same color that my Nicole Carol Miller is.
    Monte Carlo is such a bizarrely beautiful rose!!! How different!!! Love it!!
    I love Mischief - the colors!!!!
    I love Macho Man (what a name!! LOL)
    Your roses are the bomb Beth!!
    Carol

• seaweed0212
    9 years ago

Your Black Tea is such a beauty, reminds me of Rusty, will you tell me more about this rose growing in your garden? I am thinking about growing one in Costa Mesa, CA.
    Thank you for sharing your roses, what a wonderful collection!

• sweetvenge
    9 years ago

Wonderful roses, especially liked the colors on Mischief and Macho Man

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks everybody! Sorry I've been so busy. No time for anything these days. Love your JULIO Carol!

Seaweed, BLACK TEA is really cool. Mine has finally gotten pretty big after several yrs. It was a tiny own-root I got from Uncommon Roses yrs ago. The blooms have been nice and large and fairly plentiful this yr. I love the weird rusty coloring that changes to a sort of dusty mauve by the time it finishes up. And RUSTY is one of my very favorite roses! I looooove that one. It's more on the "rust" or brownish side. And I love that it's most often striped.

• seaweed0212
    9 years ago

Thanks for your precious info of your Black Tea, really admirable, sadly my Rusty did not survived several yrs later, due to bad soil around side yards, few roses planted there, none of them lasted. Now tomato plants are fine.
    I have Brown Velvet from Rogue Valley, will show you next from my laptop.

• seaweed0212
    9 years ago

Please disregard the same message just posted, laptop has trouble!
    Only need to post the message once!

This post was edited by seaweed0212 on Sat, Jun 28, 14 at 17:35

Sponsored
2 Navy Lane, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudoun County's Leading Interior Designer