Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Juno what ? Jardin awakening.......

Posted by boxofrox z8 PNW (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 3, 14 at 22:26

Le jardin, the gift that just keeps giving.......once the labor has been invested, each season offers a new reward

Queen Elizabeth

photo 20140603_124717_zpsxmklhhlr.jpg

William Shakespeare 2000

photo 20140531_135656_1-1_zps4nhnus1w.jpg

Darlowe's Enigma

photo 20140531_135745_zps6kibqkwu.jpg

AD First Flush Revisited

photo 20140601_095935-1_zpsgwib06po.jpg

photo 20140531_135848-1_zpsc1ypufhl.jpg

Braithwaite

photo 20140531_135831-1_zpszfo5t8ot.jpg

Sheila's Perfume

photo 20140531_122902-1_zpsjdprzyk1.jpg

The corner of walk and walk

photo 20140601_094244_zpsychcegrg.jpg

Yet another Gertie

photo 20140531_135722-1_zpsprulczws.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Juno what ? Jardin awakening.......

Exquisite.

o

Wow!!! Abe must need more heat than we get here. I don't know, what it needed - but you sure know how to grow it!! Fantastic!!! Gorgeous!!!

What is the purple shrub near your walkway?

Sooooo pretty!!!
Carol

o

These photos are so beautiful !!
I hope you don't mind these stalkerish questions, but I've always admired your pictures. I do have a post of yours saved to my clipping and I was hoping you could update , and share some info . You had posted a lovely photo of your deck and trellis area and I believe it had social climber on it and some Clem's ? I would pull it up but I'm afraid I'll lose what I just typed.
How have these filled out for you ? Did you build the trellis yourself ? I am thinking of something similar but under a tall deck. If you have updated pictures id love to see. I always love roses but I am drawn toward the structures they are on too ! Thanks ! :)

o

Hi Lilly. Thanks so much for your kind words :-) The pictures you refer to were of a deck and trellis I built for my wife's niece. Feces occurs unfortunately and I have no idea what has now become of it. My guess is that all my design work and labor was in vain and that it's thrashed. I did find the original pics on my photobucket tho so here's a couple. Every one of the crosses was pre-drilled and screwed.

Horton Hacienda photo IMG_3729.jpg

Horton Hacienda photo IMG_4875.jpg

Royal Sunset & Clematis photo IMG_4873.jpg

o

Oh dear I'm sorry to bring up family stuff. Sorry your hard work has been lost! But you are a skilled craftsman for sure !!! What about around your home ?
The picture of the deck showing the full perspective is great. My dh and I are closing on a home in a few weeks and I'd love to create a similar screen somewhere. I love climbers ! So you gotta have good structure for those !! Thank you for taking time to share pics and I love looking at all you post !!

o

I don't know about the craftsman thang, I'm just a 'necessity is a mutha' kinda guy. I had tons of fence, several marginal property lines etc to cover and a fertile imagination. I have firethorns and honeysuckles and trumpet vines and clematis along with several rose climbers doing the duty.

o

Somehow I missed this one Boxo! Fantastic photos of your garden! :)
Keep them coming!

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 7, 14 at 21:06

Oh, boxo, I want to come live in your gorgeous garden!

o

Come to papa seil, you are welcome anytime. ;-)

It's funny tho....kinda like a "if you build it they will come thing". We received a gorgeous calico who came and now is the queen of the castle and the other night I actually saw a mating pair of either minks or ferrets who scampered through the pond area.

Here's a few fresh blooms to ease the chagrine of a blue, blue Monday.......

WS2000 and clems

photo 20140608_151706_zpsnpbqsgvz.jpg

photo 20140608_151642_zpsp6agdibd.jpg

photo 20140608_151753_zpsg9agtr2c.jpg

photo 20140608_151550_zpswvmt9io8.jpg

Double Delight

photo 20140608_145606_zpsvojacftv.jpg

photo 20140608_145615_zpswak1rhw0.jpg

A peony awakening

photo 20140608_154032_zpsnf2f5dab.jpg

o

Love the privacy/trellis. Question: do the small pieces on top of the parallel 2x4x (2x6s ?) serve a structural purpose? How did you decide on their spacing?

You really are a craftman!

o

When they first bought the house, I built them a larger version for privacy. It strategically blocked the windows of the neighbor directly behind them. I planted a special smaller dark purple wisteria on each end to grow over the top and mounted hooks for hanging baskets. Note the windows.....

5 Window Block photo IMG_1801.jpg

It also picks up the design theme, here's a shot we took from down the street between them and the view we were trying to block.

Blockade photo IMG_3735.jpg

o

Kudos. Great solution.

So the repeating top pieces are for design?

o

That first shot of Double Delight is STUNNING!!! I've never seen better.
Wow!
Hey, have you heard from Serena?
Carol

o

Both for design and structure. They tie the whole thing together and make it quite sturdy. It's the same basic design I have throughout my garden whether it be pergola or bbq or hot tub cover or arbor or gated entrance.

Here's two of them here.....the gate which is only post wide and an arbor behind which is 3' wide with a Joseph's Coat over it.

photo IMG_3644.jpg

This was just to get some height in an existing bed with tree roots....so I built this just to hang 4 Chinese wind chimes ;-)

photo IMG959791_zps1a3921f8.jpg

This is the BBQ, the pond pergola, and the hot tub cover, all variations on the same theme.

Perg to BBQ photo IMG_4246.jpg

photo AugustintheGarden107.jpg

Sorry, the pond perg is buried under this wisteria.

Pond Area photo IMG_4079.jpg

pergola with wisteria photo IMG_0642.jpg

o

Thanks Boxofrox. Where are the dogs? I remember the picture of one on your back as you gardened. Love your unique gates with the circles & suns.

o

Boxo, how wonderful to see you here! KG the Stalker is back and perfectly timed for her first viewing of your gorgeously fabulous Abraham D'Arby. And your garden looks AMAZING as always! Jim has notified me about your struggles family-wise alas, but the Good Lord brings all healing in time, but it is no solace while the wounds still run deep, but in Him we have Peace and all things will be brought to the Light eventually. Just as gardens still hold sway and bloom in His Light, there is always hope! I cannot stay, but am lingering for just one last look!
Eluane wants to say hi to you too and to tell you about our sneaky adventure when we broke into a city garden. The gardeners let us on through but when the head honcho manager saw us, we got chased out, and that was FUN causing all that hoopla! So happy that now everyone at Gallery can now enjoy your future postings. So keep on posting! Jim will keep me up-to-date if you are online. I am keeping touch with a few rose gardeners via Facebook! But to all others - Carol, Beth, Organic Dreams, many cheers and blessings, we've missed you all!

Can't resist showing the garden we got thrown out of! bwahahaha (evil cackle)

Cheers and hugs, Boxo!

o

Eluane is looking good!

Borders are so well behaved that the flowers won't mind a few extra visitors. :)
Carol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here