Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
boxofrox_2007

CP and Friends

boxofrox
11 years ago

Chicago Peace is my new acquaintance and I cannot help myself, I'm afraid we are becoming BFFs :-) Here are some shots of her and her friends. Thanks for looking and hope you enjoy !

Queen Elizabeth

Westerland

Lyda Rose

Rugosa

Gift from the neighbor

Braithwaite

Today's Bouquet

Comments (11)

• inga007
    11 years ago

Ch. Peace is a very lovely rose, with many "faces"
    You have a nice neighbor, that's a lovely gift.
    Thanks for sharing.

• Tammy Owens
    11 years ago

BEAUTIFUL!!

• serenasyh
    11 years ago

Ohhhh, my Goodness, can I Party Crash and Be a Swinger between AD and Chicago Peace! Egads, I feel like I'm in Psychedelia 60s Heaven!!!! So brilliant Boxo!!!! I am in classical spiraling HT Heaven with Chicago Peace, Boxo! And the colors of coral and magical sunset is breathtaking in him! Between AD and Chicago Peace no one can imagine anything more beautiful!

The sunlight shining through the petals of Westerland, the bouquets and Hansa is just like seeing Angels' wings and how that sunshine makes everything glow, Boxo!

But take angel reference away, in terms of bloom form, your Rugoso is not the simple rugosa we are used to, but some elaborate couture gown in terms of its form and how full and dramatic the petals are atop the skirt of the lush brilliant leaves! Beautiful!

I must tell Jim RIGHT AWAY!!!!!! Jim has Sue's grandson and niece staying over this week and I've been extremely busy compiling Eluane's video with her visit to the farm in Atchison! so we both missed out on your thread. Eluane is actually learning to work "stock" since beginner dogs start out with goats at first then progress to sheep. Pam, who is an expert sheepherding trainer is training us out of the goodness of her heart, all free of charge. What a blessing! Not all Border Collie sheepherders are kind. A few can be extremely judgmental and harsh, sarcastic, thank Goodness Pam's such a wonderful friend in encouraging us. Anyway, today someone made a very sarcastic comment that I was saying the word "sheep" in the video and that I had "sheep" in the title slide when we were training with goats, but I guess that person must be jealous. It's very rare for a pet border collie to do so nicely on her very first try, Boxo. Goes to show that there are both kind angels -Pam- versus people who really can give one hel*. The reason why I was saying "sheep" is because Eluane is extremely timid and I was afraid she would be afraid of the goats like she is terrified of cats, possums, and certain "unusual" looking dogs. Eluane has plush sheep and she loves to "get the sheep". It is my way of gently encouraging her to try the herding and she aced, what a Sweetheart Eluane is! I will soon post my Lumpy Thread and get some hugs from my rosey friends about Little E!

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    11 years ago

Everything is lookin good Boxo!I like Chicago peace blooms also hope it does well for you...

• bethnorcal9
    11 years ago

Beautiful photos!! I used to tell people if they wanted just one good rose to get CHICAGO PEACE. It is truly a gorgeous rose. And I love when it gets those odd stripe effects. Very cool! I lost my original plant yrs ago and have tried numerous times to replace it locally with bagged bareroots. Every time, it's the wrong rose. I still am waiting to see the last one I bought. It almost died, and hasn't bloomed in two yrs. I would just go out and buy one already blooming at a nursery, but I just can't bring myself to buy anymore roses. I really need to get rid of many of them so I can better take care of them.

• TNY78
    11 years ago

Your Chicago Peace is really beautiful! I've tried growing Peace and Flaming Peace and neither have done well for me. I think some people just have a knack for growing HTs and some don't...I most definitely don't :)

Tammy

• hosenemesis
    11 years ago

Chicago Peace is truly an exceptional rose, especially the way you grow it.
    Renee

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    11 years ago

Chicago Peace is one of my favorites--used to grow it before I got rid of it and others that were not disease-resistant enough--CP's only flaw. Your photos bring back memories of its beautiful colors.

Kate

• canadian_rose
    11 years ago

I have CP,and I love it. Yours looks fantastic - so huge. What a great rose!! I went back up for another look - just looks so huge and full. AMAZING!!! Can't wait for mine to bloom - many weeks away.

Amazing show of roses Boxo
    CArol

• boxofrox
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks guys :-)

I haven't figured out if having CP in a pot in a highly visible locale makes a difference or not but it has amazed me so far. The sheer size of the blooms have blown me away on such a young plant....6.5-7" or so on some.

I had planned to slave all day in the garden but the torrential onslaught convinced me otherwise. Here's a few more pics I shot yesterday before the deluge.......

First the threads namesake.....

Chrysler Imperial

LDB

Gertrude Jekyl

Ginger S

Lyda

AD

First hydrangea of the year (Nikko Blue)

• serenasyh
    11 years ago

Oooooo, absolutely FABULOSA brand new hydrangea!!!!! So exotic looking. So glad and thrilled you caught more "Delightfully Delicious Deluge of Blooms" before the dreadful weather spoiled the mood. I too can never! get enough of the Paradise of Beautiful AD and Chicago Peace. Hahaha, AD needs no label, unlike all your other roses, because HE IS INDEED THE KING!!! AND NO ONE CAN FORGET HIS NAME in your garden, lol!

Ginger is such sweet eye candy, but your Lyda does make me want to go up to my Cornelia and give it a good shaking, lol! I am back to whining and complaining in my thread about how I wish Cornelia were like your Lyda and Darlow!

Magical, Boxo, just MAGICAL!!!!

Sponsored
Ronald J. Smith Interiors, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Veteran Interior Designer Serving Clients in Upper Marlboro