Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
boxofrox_2007

Day After Flag Day

boxofrox
12 years ago

Twas the day after flags were to be unfurled and the garden was springing forth into bloom and Abraham Darby was leading the way..................

{{gwi:1254097}}

{{gwi:1254098}}

{{gwi:1254099}}

{{gwi:1254100}}

First Royal Gold (climber) of the year

Clematis

Frosty Dew peonies on the half shell

Chef PussPuss

New Clematis...Ernest Markham, I believe

Untangling clem

Thru the White Rain

Betty Boop

Westerland

Darlow's Enigma

Lyda Rose

Comments (16)

• queenbee_1
    12 years ago

Your photos are beautful.. Where do you purchase all you clematis from? I love the Royal Gold--looks almost green instead of yellow... thank you for sharing..

• serenasyh
    12 years ago

Abe is Here, Abe is Heeeeere! I am one thrilled, Delighted Stalker, yayyyyyy! What smiling sunshine! His Peach tones and Petals are Divine and he is Supremely Beautiful!!!! Fabulous gorgeous view of the balcony through White Rain, Boxo! And wow, our first sight of the gorgeous Darlow's Enigma too- so enchanting! Kitty is looking like a Princess at her Copper Throne! And yay, a full bush shot of Lyda! So vibrant...

• boxofrox
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks queenbee :-) Most of my clems came from T&L, a local PNW supplier. They have a fabulous selection.

KG, Abe has managed to bloom inspite of the inclemence ;-) We are expecting 3 or 4 days of non rainy high 60's so a whole heapin helpin of buds should be popping on all kinds of roses, peonies, lillies, clems, etc.

• Zyperiris
    12 years ago

Boro, wow I was going to email you and ask where you get your Clematis..And I found T & L. I am going over there. I want to plant my companion plants for my roses.

• seil zone 6b MI
    12 years ago

Thanks for the lovely tour!

• canadian_rose
    12 years ago

Wow!! Your Abes are fantastic - especially the 2nd photo - oh my goodness!!!!!!!

Your peonies are incredible. Your clematises or clematii? are gorgeous. I especially like the "untangled one."

A whole lot of gorgeous goin' on - with apologies to Elvis -LOL.

Carol

• boxofrox
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hey zyp....T&L has a great selection.....one of my favs from last year was Piilu......

seil, you betcha and you are welcome anytime ;-)

Carol, those Abes are just getting going....here's one from today

{{gwi:1254120}}

The peonies are exploding.............

By tomorrow I'm thinking I will have the blue clem with White Eden like this............

• serenasyh
    12 years ago

ooooh, my goodness, hurrrray!!! the Peonies OPENED! They look magnificent Boxo! Haha, yeah, AD go, go, go!!! Looove the Pilu photo and once the new one "untangles" it's gonna Tango big time across our screens!

Good to see you back Zyperiris (wave).

• Zyperiris
    12 years ago

Hi Serena..I took a bit of a break..I wanted to let my roses grow and think about what else I wanted. Last weekend I got a Elle rose, Memoire, and Cherry Parfait..anyhoo..I wanted to mention my Gemini rose has a spicy fragrance..I know it's not supposed to have a smell but mine does.

I am planting companion plants..I got a trumpet vine today, and 2 bleeding hearts and 2 coneflowers.

• serenasyh
    12 years ago

Well, I am super happy you are back! and I too went crazy over companion plants. Got tons of Russian sage and Boxo's sedum for the honeybees and got heath/heather; I'm in looove with my heath/heather! if it can do well with the roses. Zyperiris I have more questions for you about your Gemini but don't want to distract from Boxo's gorgeous thread, so I will repost on my Lumpy thread instead with my scented, coral Gemini obsession. But if you don't have time to respond I'll understand, lol! Sometimes life and roses and good ole' Weeding keeps us way too busy, lol!

• boxofrox
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Since I'm painting and had the ladders out, last night I climbed to the top of the arbor where the clems and roses grow and shot these pics of Joseph's Coat.......

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    12 years ago

Very nice Boxofrox! Lookin good! :-)

• serenasyh
    12 years ago

oh, I loooove these new photos of Joseph's Coat, Boxo! this is Day of the Ladder Day! Whoo-hoo! I love those tangerine orange blends! So beautiful! What a glorious view you must be having Boxo! From a breathtaking aerial of your Garden to a closeups of the Almighty High near them Joseph's Rainbows, hehe! What a stunning vista I am right now envisioning!

Now just be ultra careful! I always get nervous about my favorite people being up in ladders. Ironically I'm a reckless girl when it comes to myself, lol! I always brag about having "ballerina balance" and will balance on my tiptoes on rotating swiveling stools all the time, haha! or will climb up on a bookshelf too hehe!

• canadian_rose
    12 years ago

Your Westerland is soooooo beautiful - especially the 2nd one. I didn't know they could be that lovely!!

I love your peonies - if peonies would rebloom like roses - I would grow tons and tons of peonies. Since they don't, I don't have a one of them. LOL But I get to enjoy yours!!

Thanks so much!!
    Carol

• le_jardin_of_roses
    12 years ago

My dear Boxo, those first few photos of Abraham Darby are just amazing and make me want to try this rose again. The photo of the white wisteria cascading down that balcony is also gorgeous. It is certainly romantic. I could write sonnets there for days. I am so glad I found these photos of yours. You keep me entertained, my good sir.

Juliet

• ken-n.ga.mts
    12 years ago

Everything looks super. That Lyda Rose is to die for. Fantastic!!!

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting