Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A buncha more blooms....

Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 19, 14 at 1:20

Here's what's been blooming lately...

ANDRE WILLEMSE
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

ANNA'S PROMISE - new one, looks good so far...

DONA MARTIN - new one also, kinda liking the pale colors

FRAGRANT LACE

JADE

JAMES BIDDLE

LIVERPOOL REMEMBERS

LORISE

NICOLE FREELANDER

PICTURE

PORTRAIT

REMBRANDT VAN RYN

ROEDEAN

SUPERSTITION

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A buncha more blooms....

So many old favorites and several lovely new ones.

o

WOW! How pretty! Lots of names I have never seen...Thanks!

Please send Superstition, Roedean, and Nicole Freelander my way if they don't work out for you!!

Nancy

o

Beth - Those are beautiful. I especially love your bloom of Portrait, it is gorgeous!

o

Enjoyed all of them! Thanks.

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 19, 14 at 11:56

Beautiful, Beth! Love that Superstition!

o

Nice pictures. That Superstition is rather interesting. Also, Portrait has a nice picture. I used to work with someone who got Portrait confused with another variety, Picture, at one point. Both are pink. I also used to grow Portrait many years ago, and it was a real workhorse of a garden rose. Thanks for the pictures and the memories.

o

I just love your Roedean, Nicole Freelander, Superstition, Portrait and Picture!!! Wow!!!
Hey, I have James Biddle as a bare root this year. What do you think of yours as to flower production, scent, etc.?
Gorgeous roses!!!
Carol

o

Rodean would fit my color scheme perfectly. Andre Willemse and Lorise are also droolers. Picks my spirits up in this muggy muggy heat.

o

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Tue, Jul 22, 14 at 11:34

Thanks everybody!

SUPERSTITION is one I really love. I almost lost it this yr tho. It has a ton of sunburn and I was afraid the main cane was going to die, but then two new small canes popped up, one of which has this bloom on it. I was so glad, because it's pretty much irreplaceable.

Carol, JAMES BIDDLE has been a pretty good rose. It gets about 4-5ft tall and around 3ft wide. If I get my deadheading done regularly (which lately hasn't been the case) it will give me several flushes. There's usually quite a few blooms in each flush too. As far as scent goes, I don't notice a whole lot.

o

Sounds good. I can sacrifice scent if the rose is exceptional. And I love to deadhead. :)

o

Beth - my James Biddle is blooming now. The color reminds me of Charles Rennae Mackintosh. Lovely dark lilac color. Lots of flowers. I really like it.
Carol

o

Oh, Beth, these photos of your roses are just TOPS!!! As usual the variety of roses you grow thrills me. Thanks so much for sharing them with us!! :-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here