Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
More summer loving roses

Posted by kathy9norcal CA 9 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 12, 14 at 2:30

Well, the smoke is gone, it has cooled a bit (only temporary) and I have a moment to post some more of my happier roses. These photos are from the past few weeks.

Snowbird, a favorite white, grows in moderate shade. My rooted cuttings in full sun bloom more often.

Symphony, my favorite Austin

Buff Beauty, not a favorite. It blows very quickly and doesn't like our heat, I think.

Bill Warriner, my second rose, moved too many times, trying to make a comeback

Our Lady of Guadalupe's flushes get bigger each time it goes off!

grocery mini, Bronze Kordana, and portulaca

Sharon's Delight roses with a favorite daylily, Ruby Border

Thanks for looking!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: More summer loving roses

Kathy - They look great! Can't believe OLOG, WOW, lots of blooms, they are all so lovely! Love your daylily!

o

Snowbird and your mini Bronze Kordana are quite appealing--but so is your lovely daylily Ruby Border.

I'm so jealous of your Lady of Guadalupe. Mine almost didn't survive our brutal winter. It had to be cut back severely and has only thrown out an occasional bloom so far--but I'm happy to report that it may be rallying. Today I saw about a dozen buds--though the bush itself is still only about 2 ft tall as yet. Hope mine gets back to what your Lady is presently doing!

Kate

o

Wow!! OLOG is gorgeous. I really need to move mine. Gets very limited sun. Your roses look great. Glad the smoke and temps are better even if temporary!! Judy

o

Too bad Buff Beauty blows quickly. So pretty. Thank you for the daylily. I want to add one or two so always watch your posts to see what does well for you.

o

Wow!!! OLOG has sooo many flowers. What a delight!!
Love them all - how lovely!!
Carol

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 18, 14 at 19:23

Lovely, Kathy! I have portulacas in my one bed too. Some times I have to look really close to tell if it's a mini bloom or a moss rose, lol!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here