Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pappu_gw

Spring flush 08: An Extravaganza! (Front yard 1)

pappu
15 years ago

I have finally some time to post some images. A stellar spring flush and I am still drunk from the incredible show put on by my roses. This year I realised that one should never truely judge a rose until it's third year and I take back all the bad things I said about the austins..a full grown bush in spring flush is truely a revelation. I have literally taken hundreds of pictures and can keep posting forever, but here are some of the pics from the front yard...neon bright colors that can stand up to the blazing south and west sun (the austins and the pastels are all in the east facing backyard)..I have tons of more pics, will keep posting as time permits..Thanks for watching

Purple pavement

img src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/nadoni/20080602_aseemreddressjune308_4333.jpg">;

Comments (66)

• kathy9norcal
    15 years ago

Yikes. I agree with Jean, you must be using rose steroids! I bet deadheading is fun. Where do the spent blooms go?
    Kidding aside, it is totally awesome and amazing and flabbergasting.
    Kathy

• suzyr
    15 years ago

Just Beautiful!your pictures should be in home and Garden Magazine how dare the city put that stop sing in your view!
    Thank You! so much for sharing these.

SuzyQ

• iowa_jade
    15 years ago

Very nice "Shock and awe!"

I can tell you are not a plopper.

GOOD JOB!

Foghorn

• PRO
    Susan Serra
    15 years ago

It's beautiful! You must come back and tell us what do you feed these roses??

• msmisk
    15 years ago

Nobody does it like you do, Pappu ! It must be the perfect storm: the right person, the right varieties, the right soil, the right water and fertilizer, the right climate. Can't wait to see more.

Carol

• littlesmokie
    15 years ago

I had to come back and look at your photos again.

This really showcases the benefit of being SELECTIVE in what you plant: hedges and groupings of a single variety, the same shade of red in your climber and hedge. There is so much impact and it is such a pleasure to look at. Fewer varieties and presto-less really does equal more. This serial rose collector/"plopper" has taken note!

Actually, this post comes at the perfect time when I'm needing to cull roses that just don't work in the conditions I have and you are inspiring me to buy some multiples of those roses that do work rather than just fill all the new open spaces with a bunch of new individual varieties to try.

And thank you for posting the names of the roses here, too.

Dawn

• lesmc
    15 years ago

I will return to your post time and time again. It is so beautiful. Your gift and the time you give it is beyond words. Post again, O.K? Lesley

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    15 years ago

They say success is the sweetest revenge, pappu. Is this your revenge on us for having laughed at your first tea-making attempt? LOL

Just gorgeous, though I don't know how you managed to get a stop sign to grow out of your hedge. Makes for a cute joke anyway.

Don't your Love & Peace roses crisp a lot in the hot summer sun? Mine do.

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous....

Kate

• rosesnpots
    15 years ago

Now that is what I call picture postcards. Your roses are more then beautiful!

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    15 years ago

I have to say I have looked at these pictures several times and had to post again. Gorgeous as always. Didn't you show us some pictures of your row of Julia Child and the moat? Would love to see a picture of that too if it was you. Thanks again, Judy

• mauirose
    15 years ago

What an eyepopping display!

I have literally taken hundreds of pictures and can keep posting forever

I think the daily hits on this gallery just doubled. You wouldn't tease about something like that, would you?

• Joan Dupuis
    15 years ago

Awesome. Now that's what roses are suppose to look like. Do you need to protest your climbers? Much die back? How much do you need to prune in Spring if any? Love that Ramblin Red, but would it be cane hardy in my 4b zone... Can't wait for more pics.

Joan

• zeffyrose
    15 years ago

AMAZING-------thanks for these delightful pictures.

Florence

• jerseywendy
    15 years ago

IN-CRE-DI-BLE. Holy smokes, what a sight to behold. Magnificent, Pappu!

Please don't forget to post more pictures (pretty pretty please), and I'll make sure and wear a bib before I look again because the drool is uncontrollably leaving the sides of my mouth.

---
    Wendy

• kristin_flower
    15 years ago

Wow! Each year your roses get bigger and better.

• artemis_pa
    15 years ago

JEEZ LOUISE....have mercy! Wow! Please post more, more, more!

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    15 years ago

Amazing, really amazing. I love the hedge picture with the STOP sign--one doesn't even need the sign--well I guess the sign is for non-rose lovers.

What about the moat of Julia Child? Did you post that?

• lunchlady8
    15 years ago

When I scrolled down to the frist picture my mouth dropped open.Omg your roses are beautiful.Tell us your secret.

Ann

• well_rooted
    15 years ago

OMG OMG OMG!!!

• BecR
    15 years ago

Gorgeous, Pappu!!! Thank you for naming the varieties. Am eagerly awaiting more pix, along with your rose "secrets" if you please. :D Becky

• angelcub
    15 years ago

I have been waiting for your pics. GOBSMACKED!!! I think the stop sign is a bit redundant. Not really needed with that display. : )

Are you still using the tea? Also, I have two Livin' Easy because of you. What bloomin' machines - must get more! : ) Oh and that Ramblin Red - wow! It's going on the list asap!

Diana

• hosenemesis
    15 years ago

I looked at these pics a week ago and I have not stopped thinking about them. I have never seen roses like this in my life. Had to come back and look again to make sure I was not exaggerating in my mind.

• Jean Marion (z6a Idaho)
    15 years ago

Here is Pappu's missing picture:

Purple pavement

• gymmom411
    15 years ago

I thought this one needed to be shown again also, enjoy and dream of spring!

• geodave
    15 years ago

PAPPU -- Spectacular!!! Please feel free to post any time.

• littlesmokie
    15 years ago

I remember this post...I still can't believe your roses aren't photoshopped LOL. I've never seen so many blooms!

• ramblinrosez7b
    15 years ago

WOW! Wow and wow again.... how gorgeous, now thats how roses are suppose to look.....wow!

• judith5bmontreal
    15 years ago

Geez, I just happened upon this post, and all I can say is - just spectacular! Surely your house is on the city tour?
    This definitely lifted my spirits on a cold and snowy winter's day in Montreal. Thanks.
    Judith

• User
    15 years ago

You have given me something to strive for...

• flora2b
    15 years ago

Stunning!! Amazing!! Fabulous!! Truly gorgeous!!
    It made me think I must be missing something with roses.
    Can you tell me what the rebloom on different varieties is? I'm looking for something new and would like something that blooms continuously or close too it. Fragrance on any of them?
    Thanks again for putting a smile on my face!
    Flora2b

• iowa_jade
    15 years ago

I am so ready for spring.

Doug

• mctavish6
    15 years ago

Well, well Papou - I'm glad I stumbled on your secret. I'm stunned but not surprised. Papou is a regular member of the Hosta Forum. His pictures there have inspired and probably made most of us jealous over the years. His success in growing hostas - and now I see roses - is second to none. I'm going to have to search and see if you posted any more last summer. I'm also going to "out" you on the hosta forum so that your fans can see these amazing roses. Way to go Papou!!! McT - Myrle

• sunnny
    15 years ago

HOLY COW!!! I have loved your hosta pics for as long as I've been on here (yours are what got me started collecting hosta THANK YOU VERY MUCH! LOL) and now I'm in awe of your roses, too. Spectacular.
    Thank you for sharing such beauty with us.
    Can you tell us your regimine for caring for them? i have 3 and they are a bit straggly looking.
    Sunny

• floweryearth
    15 years ago

IN-FREAKIN'-CREDIBLE!!!

• jess2132000
    15 years ago

What is that climbing rose 7th picture from the top? Is that Dream Weaver??

• gypsysunrise
    15 years ago

Wow! I really so want to know your secret.. Amazingly gorgeous!! =)

• wanna_be_rose_grwr
    15 years ago

Breathtaking! Just Beautiful! I Wanna Do THAT!
    Are they all fragrant? I can only imagine the perfume in
    the air!

• arleneb
    15 years ago

Oh, my! Those are just breathtaking! As gypsysunrise said, "Will you share your secret?"

Thanks for sharing your photos.

• brutuses
    15 years ago

bump

• oceanna
    15 years ago

Pappu, your roses are breathtaking. How do you care for them? What's your secret?

• golddust
    15 years ago

Well, if there hasn't been a car wreck in front of your house yet, it's because I haven't driven by. Stunning display. Yes, what is your secret? I have an old house with old roses and they will surely benefit from any advice you can give.
    Thanks in advance,
    GoldDust

• scardan123
    14 years ago

THANK YOU!! I have never seen something as beautiful as that! That sight is a treausre no thief could ever take you away.

• carla17
    14 years ago

Wow, I can't believe this post is still going. Pappu's roses look so great.

Carla

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    13 years ago

Wow! I'm just now seeing this thread! Great roses Pappu!

• sanrosa
    13 years ago

I remember this thread. I looked at it recently when I was researching Rosarium Uetersen, (Seminloe Wind). These photos still take my breath away. I would like to see more of this garden certainly! Like summer 2010 photos!
    I'm not sorry it came up again!
    Sandra

Here is a link that might be useful: Roses, Color, and Light

• DLEverette_NC_Zone7b
    6 years ago

I wish there was a way to look at these photos again. This garden is amazing! Photobucket completely ruined everything :(

• Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley
    6 years ago

If you have Firefox I can suggest a workaround. I'm on another form that depends on pictures and someone discovered it. It was a lifesaver. I just wish it worked with my phone. Let me know.

• Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Vapor I would love to know . I was going to suggest , if you go to google and type "pappu gardenweb " a good amount of photos are still available, just not in the links . You can see them under images .

I agree, Photobucket got greedy and ruined everything. I no longer import to them .

• DLEverette_NC_Zone7b
    6 years ago

I can confirm there's an add-on for Chrome too and it works! Click for the link