Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Some of Celestes enabling...

Posted by silverkelt Z5b/Southern Maine (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 19, 09 at 8:12

I havent posted many pics this year, as everything is soo young in my new home, plus ive been playing around with a blog... But two roses I purchased due to celestes posts this past year was Rosa Prairie Joy and Rosa Vicks Caprice. So I had to post a couple of pics for them =).

Prairie Joy, I little dissapointed in the graft I recieved from pickering, very very small, the smallest they have ever sent me, even with the two dollar drop in price, they probable shouldnt have sent this, its going to take a couple of years to get up to snuff..., but the rose is still very lovely.

Photobucket

Vicks Caprice, lovely! Thanks Celeste for letting us know about this hardy beauty!

Photobucket

Bush shot, with some top deer damage =).

Photobucket

Keep those enabling shots coming celeste, they do work =).

Silverkelt

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Some of Celestes enabling...

I think pics with water droplets on the rose like your first pic is awesome. Great pics!

o

Vick's Caprice is really beautiful. The stripes are so subtle, they don't scream at you like in some modern roses. Both roses are lovely.

Ingrid

o

I always love it when I learn that someone was paying attention to my posts and wicked enabling!

I got some wimpy bareroots this year from Pickering too, which is not typical of them. But not
to worry, Prairie Joy is going to catch up and in no time
will be a big, blooming machine. You will be amazed at how hardy it is come next spring. This is what you have
to look forward to....

Celeste

Photobucket

o

'Vick's Caprice' is a beauty of a rose, I really like mine. Great form, frequent bloom, nice fragrance, and not many thorns.
Your pics look great.

Randy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here