Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A few bouquets to bright the day

Posted by carrieburgess3 5 NS, Canada (carrieburgess3@hotmail.com) on
Sat, Jul 17, 10 at 8:54

One of our local garden clubs hosts an annual flower show with ten different categories; single flower, centerpiece, wildflower arrangement, miniature arrangement, large hall arrangement, mantel arrangement, arrangement of roses, large bouquet, small bouquet in a unique container and teapot. I have thought about entering for a while now and finally made up my mind that this the year.

The show is held on August 7. I am feeding everything now and hoping I will have lots of blooms when the time comes. I likely won't enter all ten categories and I don't expect to place this year, just to have fun and see what it's all about.

I tried out a few bouquets this week to find out my likes and dislikes. Also to see how long I can expect different bloom to hold up.

I thought I would share a few with all of you.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is my miniature bouquet. It's just 6" high. I am wondering if that miniature enough.
Miniture Bouquet just 6

Thank for looking.
Carrie

Here is a link that might be useful: Album

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A few bouquets to brighten the day

To brighten the day, that is. Without fail I miss something every time. grrr....

Carrie

o
RE: A few bouquets to bright the day

Oh, I really, really LOVE your bouquets, Carrie. You did a GREAT job with these. Most assuredly, you certainly did brighten my day. Mission accomplished!! :) And I sooo understand your frustration because without fail I miss something every time, too! Frustrating for someone who strives for perfection. Guess it just ain't happenin' with me. lol ;)

Thanks for sharing, and have a wonderful Saturday.

Debbie

P.S. I really do think I need to lighten up on stuff, as I recall my dad being frustrated with my tendency towards perfectionism. Finally in exasperation he said, "do something even if it is wrong." ;)

o

Debbie, Thank you so much for your kind comment, it made my day!!!

o

Yay, Carrie. Glad it made your day!!! :)

Hugs,
Debbie

o

Wow!!

I've been trying to see which ones are my favorites, and I think it's the first picture (the vase is so whimsical) and the dark and light lilies (striking).

I would love, love to have that many roses that I could make bouquets. I haven't had too many in bloom so far this year.

Gorgeous!!!!!!

Carol

o

Thank you Carol, That is so sweet of you to say.

I hope you get some more blooms soon. The summer isn't over yet.

Carrie

o

I'm amazed at how many creatively gifted people there are on this forum. Your arrangements are not only beautiful, but you seem to have a real knack for color.

I only wish I could bury my nose in one of these!
Rooty

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here