Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bethnorcal9

Some pics with my OLD camera

bethnorcal9
13 years ago

I'm really going nuts not having a camera to take pics of the roses with! My new camera just got shipped out YESTERDAY!! I got free shipping, so they're sending it the slowest way. Supposed to arrive by the 20th. OMG, I'll be waaaay past serious withdrawals by then. Waaaaah!! Hopefully it might show up earlier tho. Sometimes that happens. In the meantime, my son found my OLD crappy Kodak camera, and I just had to go out and try taking a few pics. What a joke. It took about 15 pics to get these few here, and the colors are way off, and the clarity sucks. Took a lot of tweaking, but the range of color wasn't enough to get them totally accurate. But, what the heck. Just figured I share them to show how much better the digital cameras have gotten even just a few yrs ago. This Kodak one I bought about 10-12 yrs ago. And the Sony one was 6yrs ago. Big difference.

These were all shot without a flash, but they look like there was a flash used. And I even darkened these up quite a lot! And trying to get the rose colors close to accurate, makes the backgrounds and greens all way out of the norm. I just hated to miss out on capturing the two lovely SANKA blooms tho. Oh well.... PATIENCE....

ABOUT FACE

{{gwi:1256414}}

GITTE

{{gwi:1256415}}

SANKA

{{gwi:1199525}}

{{gwi:1256416}}

Comments (5)

• ron_and_susan
    13 years ago

Beth--I know what you are going through. I have a panasonic 5.0 Mpix that had the lens cover stopped working. I tried to find a replacement camera put was told they don't make this model anymore. So I took the camera to a photo shop in the area and had them remove the lens cap and so far my favorite camera is working just find. Motto--Sometimes older is better!!!--Ron

• snowheather
    13 years ago

I think you are getting an excellent camera and you will have a blast using it. I bought a top of the line point and shoot (Canon) last year and really enjoy taking pictures while walking through the garden in the mornings. Plus - I have won photo contests! Hope it arrives soon and you start showing us what it can do!

• canadian_rose
    13 years ago

Yeah - pretty grainy!

BUT - those shots of Sanka are wonderful!! Looks like a great rose!! Wow!!

Carol

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Well, I checked the status of my camera, and it's really confusing. It was scanned for departure from NY at 12:27am yesterday, and then scanned for arrival at San Carlos, CA at 12:28. How could it have arrived in one minute? Must be a boo-boo! LOL

Ron, I wonder if that's what's wrong with my old Sony. It's like the lens just isn't opening. Everything else was functioning. Altho I tried kinda smackin' it few times to see if I could knock something loose or whatever, and now the nightshot light stays on. So, I might've screwed it up more. My son thinks we should put it up on EBay and see if anyone might buy it for parts, since it's obsolete. Can't hurt I guess, and maybe someone else can use it, or fix it. It was a $900 camera!

Snowheather, I can't wait to get the new one. I'll post some pics right away. Sounds like you got a good camera. I looked at a few Canons, but that was when I was looking at the DSLRs and once I discovered that I didn't need those, I found the Sony. I guess I've always just like Sonys. My computer is an 8yr old one that's still as good or better than some of the new computers. I just wish Sony's newer ones were better than they seem to be. Not getting good reviews lately. That can wait tho. Can't afford it now anyway!

Carol, you're so right. These pics are so grainy! SANKA is really beautiful. That's why I had to try and capture it even with the crappy Kodak!

• iris_gal
    13 years ago

You did an amazing job! Love Sanka.

Yeah, the Kodaks were dogs except they did a better job on reds than others.