Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carrieburgess3

Roses 2010

carrieburgess3
13 years ago

I thought I would share some rose pictures from my garden this year.

Polyantha Rose 'The Fairy'

'Mondiale' Tea Rose, I think? All the tag just said 'Mondiale' Premium Cutting Garden Rose.

'Blue Girl' Hybrid Tea Rose

{{gwi:531268}}

Belinda's Dream

{{gwi:280630}}

'Elle' Hybrid Tea Rose

{{gwi:280646}}

Elle bloomed this peachy colour this week. I'm thinking it's because of the heat. I have never seen it from her before.

{{gwi:280638}}

'New Dawn' Climbing Rose

{{gwi:280623}}

Shrub Rose 'Morden Blush'

'Miss All American Beauty' Hybrid Tea Rose

{{gwi:280631}}

'Lillian Austin'

'Graham Thomas' Austin Rose

{{gwi:280641}}

'Heritage' English Rose

{{gwi:280637}}

'Abraham Darby' Austin Rose

{{gwi:280635}}

'Margaret Merril' Floribunda Rose

And a couple of bouquets.

{{gwi:686137}}

I hope you all enjoy.

Carrie

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden Album

Comments (15)

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    13 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Really gorgeous roses and beautiful photography - you must have a fabulous garden. It's so nice to see roses that haven't been fried by the heat or have much smaller blooms. A really lovely selection. Thanks for posting.

Ingrid

• aimeekitty
    13 years ago

very gorgeous!

• snowheather
    13 years ago

What a beautiful place to live! I love the individual pictures of roses, plus the views of your yard! The trees are lovely. I guess there still is plenty of sun for the roses, though, as they are doing so well.

• ramblinrosez7b
    13 years ago

Carrie, your roses are very very nice, I especially like your bouquets!

• bethnorcal9
    13 years ago

Beautiful roses! That's definitely not MONDIALE tho. And my ELLE turns that peachy tone in the hot weather too. Not all the blooms, tho... it's kind of random.

• the_bustopher z6 MO
    13 years ago

Nice roses. Your Margaret Merrill is really beautiful. I used to have it at my other house. It did quite well. It won't grow here. It is a cool maritime climate rose and does not like our heat.

• paulieinct
    13 years ago

Outstanding shots. My fave is Margaret Merrill. Spectacular.

• serenasyh
    13 years ago

Such a wonderful display of blooms, Carrie! I really enjoy the pretty polyanthas, the "blue" roses! and the varying shots of Elle.

• majenta
    13 years ago

Beautiful garden and gorgeous blooms. I love your beautiful flower arrangements.

• canadian_rose
    13 years ago

Your flower arrangements are out of this world gorgeous!!!! I'm stunned!!! I especially love the first boquet!!!!!!!

I really like your Abe Darby too!!

Carol :)

• iris_gal
    13 years ago

The 'Mondiale' Premium Cutting Garden Rose is a knockout.

Love the peach Elle bloom. Margaret Merril - yum!

Love the way you used the foxgloves (?) in your bouquet.

• carrieburgess3
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you all for your kind comments. They have made my morning!

I put a few plants in the yard four years ago when my husband and I built our new home. I had no idea I would be bitten but the gardening bug the way I have. I love every single aspect of it, from planning to playing in the mud, even pulling weeds. I thoroughly enjoy photographing my garden blooms and arranging them in bouquets.

We live several hundred feet off of the road in the woods and the property is not visible from the road. So I really appreciate the opportunity to share what I do with everyone on Garden Web. So thank you all for humoring me and having a look.

Also a big thanks to Beth and Iris gal for help with Mondiale??? rose. I have tried to do several google image searches on Mondiale and came up empty handed. The picture on the tag did look like my rose when it is first opening. I have been meaning to try a knockout rose and I guess I have. Does anyone know what kind of knockout it might be?

Carrie

• bonny46
    13 years ago

Simply beautiful!!!

• carrieburgess3
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you Bonny :OD

• wrbrent_muskoka_com
    12 years ago

Also looking for Mondiale rose. I have one and it is the best for no disease, the largest and the best show. I live in Canada and it has survived for three years so far.
    Joan from Canada