Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nummykitchen

July pretties from my Michigan garden...(lots!)

nummykitchen
11 years ago

Here are some of my highlights lately...

Mojave

Tropical Punch

Pristine

Julio Iglesias

someone munching on Pink Promise

this one was labeled as Hot n Spicy but I think it is something else, any ideas?

Grimaldi

New Day

Bouquet that is filled with Happy colors...seriously could not walk by this without smelling and smiling :) Clockwise from Double Delight, Queen Elizabeth, New Day, Blue Lagoon, Headliner, New Day and in the middle, Tiffany

Double Delight

Raspberry Cream Twirl climber

Paradise

Dick Clark

Natasha Monet

Medallion

Blue Lagoon

Queen Elizabeth

Peace -- do you see the heart?

This was was labeled Arizona but I think it may be mislabeled...still pretty though!

Thanks for letting me share, hope you all enjoyed my little garden tour!

Andrea

Comments (17)

• TNY78
    11 years ago

Very nice collection! Your red mislabeled looks like my Rouge Royal, and the possible Arizona mislabel looks like the Centennial Star which I grow :)

Tammy

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    11 years ago

Mmmm...looks so cool crisp and delightful, I want to dive into one of the pics to escape the heat here! Lovely photos, and the mislabeled ones are gorgeous. Is it hot up there in Michigan? Here my rose blooms are shriveled and fried, or not blooming at all. Diane

• lesmc
    11 years ago

Lovely....beautiful roses! I must agree with nanadoll....everything in my garden is fried! No rose blooms at all.I could not put together a bouquet if my life depended on it. Worst garden year to date. So....I really enjoyed your photos. Lesley

• boxofrox
    11 years ago

Forget the nummykitchen thang, that's a VERY nummygarden ;-)

The first and the last are right in my wheelhouse, those are my favorite colors. The red almost looks like a DA like maybe Falstaff or the like, depending on how true the color is ?

• nummykitchen
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for the sweet comments! You are all so inspirational to this first year gardener.

Tammy, thank you! I looked at Rouge Royal and the shape seems right but mine seems a little more of the magenta side, but I've only seen two blooms so far. That would be pretty neat if I accidentally got an Centennial Star! I actually had that one on my wishlist from Regan's. Does you CS pink out during the end of the bloom?

Diane, thank you! I took lots of these after I watered, I wish it were cool and crisp up here! The weather has came down a little to the low 90s high 80s which is much better than it was a couple of weeks ago over 100. We are is a drought as well but I've been pretty diligent watering the roses since this is their first year. Sorry to hear yours fried! I had a few plants fry but most have done okay.

Lesley, thanks, glad you enjoyed :) I am so sorry your garden has fried also! This is my first year gardening so I have nothing to compare it to, but I can't imagine how sad it would be to have nothing blooming because of the weather.

Thanks, Boxofrox! I should have made my screen name NummyGarden! NummyKitchen is the name of my cooking blog (another hobby but I haven't posted much lately) and I just carried it over to this site :) nummykitchen.blogspot.com
    The color on my reddish mystery is more magenta than red...I'll post another pic of my other bloom (only has had two blooms so far)

Another picture of my mystery rose...

and a few more pictures I took this afternoon...

Headliner

Pink Don Juan

and Black Baccara, this was a surprise find at a local nursery that I couldn't pass up last week!

Have a great night, everyone!

• User
    11 years ago

So many beauties,..love them all,..strange to see someone else with raindrops on roses,..its almost everyday thing here.

• bethnorcal9
    11 years ago

Beautiful blooms! Never heard of TROPICAL PUNCH or BLUE LAGOON. Where'd you find those? Your mislabeled ARIZONA looks like DREAM COME TRUE.

• inga007
    11 years ago

Loved all your "highlights", just keep 'em coming.

• Krista_5NY
    11 years ago

What beautiful blooms, great pics!

• canadian_rose
    11 years ago

Oh my goodness!!! Such beauty!!! Headliner screams out "I'M GORGEOUS!! BUY ME!!!" :)
    You have fabulous roses. I mean really, c'mon!!
    Carol

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

Just beautiful, nummy! I see your Dick Clark has paled out too in the heat. And I wouldn't judge that Arizona yet either. It could just be off color because of the temperatures. I've noticed that a lot of my roses seem smaller and paler in color this season.

• sara_ann-z6bok
    10 years ago

Don't how I missed this, I love your roses! They are so healthy looking. I love them all, but the Blue Lagoon, Mojave and Pink Don Juan are just gorgeous!

• nummykitchen
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks so much, Sara-Ann! These photos were from last year so I'm surprised to see them bumped up to the top :) I lost my Tropical Punch over the winter but replaced it with Ambassador which looks similar.

My Pink Don Juan's blooms aren't usually that well shaped and picture worthy so I'm glad I got that shot when I did!

• sara_ann-z6bok
    10 years ago

Nummy - I guess it was me who bumped it up. I'm fairly new to this forum and I remember one post you had earlier in the season and how lovely your roses were. I hadn't seen anything else of yours and was curious, so I did a search and this one came up, didn't notice it said 2012, I thought I had missed it. Doesn't matter though, I thoroughly enjoyed it. You have really good taste in roses!

• nummykitchen
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Aww thanks! I haven't been around the forum much, had surgery in July and haven't been able to tend to or photograph much of the garden. Your comment made my day! Will have to see if I can dig up some new ones to share :)

Andrea

• sara_ann-z6bok
    10 years ago

Andrea - Hope you are recovering nicely and I wish you the best. It makes me feel good that I made your day! I enjoy your roses so much and I very much look forward to when you are able to post some more.

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    10 years ago

Yes I hope your feeling better also! :)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH