Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phatboyrose

Just want to share

phatboyrose
14 years ago

I just wanted to share a few pics. There are so many beautiful roses on this site , have been hesitated about posting my roses but here goes.

Don Juan

{{gwi:238502}}

Bill Warriner

Foolish Pleasure

{{gwi:211379}}

Comments (10)

• serenasyh
    14 years ago

awww, you should have shared your photos ages ago! your roses look wonderful! I love your beautiful Foolish Pleasure in particular, and I hope that someday my baby climbers will be as rich and as abundant as your Don Juan... Bill Warriner looks like a very sweet rose too.

Actually I'm the one who should be lurking instead of posting my horrendous lopsided garden, but bless everyone here, they tolerate my awful garden and newbie cuckoo ways (I should be hiding my photos, LOL!)...I'm going to post mine

• serenasyh
    14 years ago

...I meant I will post pretty soon but definitely we have some wonderful photographers (JeffAurora, Masha, CelestialRose) and rosie people here plus it's great to have Jim too, he's a "newbie" but his roses are very! healthy and great! to look at and he doesn't have the unmanageable crazy forest that I've got...I think it's fantastic that everyone is so supportive no matter what! Anyway, keep those photos goin'...

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    14 years ago

Those roses are very nice! Can't wait until I can share better rose pics, such as yours! I'm a newbie off to a bad start...LOL... But, i'll get there.

JIM

• rosemeadow_gardener
    14 years ago

Thanks Phatboyrose for posting your photos. A rose forum friend gave me a young Don Juan rose he had grafted and now I can see what it will look like when it is mature I hope. They look wonderful blooms. My friend said it was a good rose.
    I wish we could get Folish Pleasure here. I haven't heard of it here in Australia, but I will look. Is it a newish rose ?

• iris_gal
    14 years ago

You have 2 I know I want and the 3rd, Foolish Pleasure, is tempting like crazy! Nice photo.

Did you build the structure around Don Juan?

• phatboyrose
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Yes; iris gal the structure was made out 3/8 inch rebar from HD. It is all wired together no welding and so for has made it thur two hurricanes. I'm so blessed.

• kathy9norcal
    14 years ago

Very nice roses, photos!
    Kathy

• canadian_rose
    14 years ago

I really like the structure you built. It really seems to go with the rose!!

Foolish Pleasure (never heard of that one) has an amazing number of flowers all crammed in there. Looks like a fantastic rose!!

Carol

• phatboyrose
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Yes; Carol FOOLISH PLEASURE is one of my favorite roses, it was given to me by good friend and it has just finished it's third blooming this year. I don't know were to buy the rose but it is a mini-flora. THANKS for your comments. Harold

• canadian_rose
    14 years ago

Third blooming flush already!! Sounds like a rose on steroids!! :) Sounds like a rose to look out for next year (not too likely I'll find one - but hey doesn't hurt to look).

Carol

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County