Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wonderful Week-End !

Posted by le_jardin_of_roses zone 10 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 14, 09 at 12:32

Last week-end we we're in complete summer mode in CA and I saw birds, butterflies, bees, a dragonfly and of course my hummer friend amongst the roses. I was elated that I could be blessed by so much beauty. :)

Juliet

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

See the white butterfly in the middle of this photo
Photobucket

And of course the roses
Photobucket

Evening sky was silvery and lavender, with a touch of gold
Photobucket

Thank You!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wonderful Week-End !

Nice pictures! It's great to spend some time just enjoying nature and the great outdoors!

JIM

o

Beautiful,
wish I could get a pic of my hummers,
they are so darn fast :)
Love the pics, thanx for sharing.
Lioness

o

• Posted by becr zone 9 CA 19 (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 18, 09 at 21:44

Lovely pics! I enjoy the hummers too! What is the purple rose?

o

So many people (no one here - we're all pretty much everything is wonderful kind of people) just go through life not appreciating what their eyes show them. Isn't it wonderful that we can!

Lovely.

Carol

o

Oh my....Ii think I need to live in southern California....

o

Thank you so much, Jim1961, Lionessrose, Becr, Canadian_rose and Greenhaven! I really appreciate the nice comments. I am enjoying my summer just being around nature. Becr, the purple rose is The Prince.

Juliet

o

Juliet,

Isn't it amazing how therapeutic and re-energizing it can be to just retreat into our own little nature preserves ? I couldn't help but smile as you described the process :-) It's funny how that works, the whole time I was on vacation I was thinking about how much I would prefer to be home.

It's been unseasonably hot here and I've been spending a lot of time in the early crisp cool mornings hand watering. I have a lot of hummingbirds but this one little Rufous in particular likes to play. He dances between the fuchias, the feeders, the Japanese Pagoda tree and my spray nozzle. Then he zooms off chasing any interlopers. Next thing I know he buzzes the tower (me) and starts the game all over ;-)

o

Beautiful photos. I love the way you compose and frame the pictures with cascading flowers. Very whimsical, fanciful, and pretty. Thanks for sharing.

o

I'm so happy you enjoyed your week-end-----Your pictures are lovely

The hummer picture is great---The other day I was holding the spray hose and a hummer hovered really close to my hand---What a thrill that was.

I think gardeners are the luckiest people in the world.

Thanks for sharing your joy with us.

Florence

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here