Posted by A_Roy 4a (arnoldroy@hotmail.ca) on
Tue, Jul 22, 14 at 12:39

Hey,
I think these may be keepers.
Charles de Gaule

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A couple of new additions for me this year

Oh my goodness - that's STUNNING!!! Do you grow it in more shade than sun to get that deep color? I've always thought of CharlesdG as a rose I would love to get. What do you think of the scent, the bush and the number of blooms?
Carol

o

So pretty!

o

Hey Carol,
I took that picture of Charles de Gaule late in the evening with the camera set at high ISO. Although the color was enhanced a bit in that picture it is a nice dark purple. It gets full sun all day long, like all my rose bushes. It's the first year bare root from Palatine, I have two, both are healthy and love to rebloom.
Here is a picture in full sun with my phone, Blue girl is in the imediate background and you can see it's much darker. Don't look at the uncut lawn, we have had unusually hot and dry weather and I don't want it to burn.

This post was edited by A_Roy on Sat, Jul 26, 14 at 13:37

o

Cool pic of Charlie!

Kate

o

Your Charles De Gaulle is gorgeous!

o

Oh, lovely!!!

o

I want one!

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sat, Aug 2, 14 at 19:26

Oh, that's gorgeous!

o

A_Roy, your 1st photo of Charles de Gaule is just about making me weak in the knees. It IS that AWESOME!!! :-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here