Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Valencia and companions

Posted by dublinbay z6 KS (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 8, 14 at 12:43

NOTE: See the updates further down this thread. More pics added. :)

I just posted this post--but who knows where in cyberspace it landed? I'm sure I don't. Forgive me if this turns out to be a repeat.

I wanted to show off my little Valencia. She's had a hard time--drought, being moved 3 times in 2 years, a brutal winter. I seriously thought about spading her several times!

Well, here she is today ready to bloom her heart out. Only about a foot or so tall, but I count 2 open blooms and 7 buds in various stages of opening. (In the past, she never did more than 1 or 2 at most blooms!). I think she has found her permanent home--though she is a bit soggy in this picture from last nights rainfall.

Valencia

And while I have you here, how about this following picture of my paniculata hydrangea starting to open, with Berolina rose (right bottom) and lilies, larkspur, and Black-eyed Susans? I just love mixing them all up together.

Hope you enjoyed those.

Kate

This post was edited by dublinbay on Thu, Jul 10, 14 at 11:57

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Valencia and companions

Kate - Your Valencia is pretty, the buds and blooms are looking good, love all the other flowers too. I'm particularly fond of lilies, so I really like those. They are all beautiful.

I wouldn't mind if you sent some more rain our way.

o

Very pretty combination! I love chartreuse in the garden--particularly with purple-blue.
Valencia is one of my favorites!
Susan

o

Your garden is very pretty and Valencia looks very happy and healthy, love her color. Is that a red climber in the background? It looks beautiful too!

o

Thank you, everyone, for the kind words.

boncrow, the red you see is from two hanging baskets of geraniums. However, if I had moved my camera to the right a couple feet, you would have seen my Dublin Bay climbing a pillar--except that DB wasn't in bloom when I took that picture. LOL

Kate

o

Those are some great pics Kate! Very nice! :-)

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Wed, Jul 9, 14 at 18:44

Beautiful, Kate! I love the mixed garden. Everything looks so lush and healthy!

o

Delete--re-posted on a separate thread.

Kate

This post was edited by dublinbay on Thu, Jul 10, 14 at 12:57

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here