Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dublinbay

Your best bloomer right now? Mine is Easter Basket.

Here's a good reliable bloomer/rebloomer. Manages to always put out at least a handful of blooms even when the other roses take a break. Seems to like the heat too. And has very few BS problems. Quite a cute floribunda--I love its many shades.

Easter Basket
{{gwi:291534}}

What is your best bloomer blooming in your garden right now?

Kate

Comments (18)

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    9 years ago

I just snapped this pic. Double Knockout is our best bloomer right now but to be fair I am trying to rebuild our garden with better BS resistant roses and our other roses are younger yet. So this probably doesn't count...lol

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    Original Author
    9 years ago

It's looking good, Jim--especially as we go into the dog days of summer when quite a few roses just give up and go semi-dormant until the cooler autumn weather comes around--at least they do in my Zone 6 (Midwest).

Your marigold compete quite well with the neon colors of KO, don't they!

Yes, planting as many BS resistant roses as possible is the only way to go. Good for you!

Kate

• sara_ann-z6bok
    9 years ago

My new sweet little floribunda, Orchid Romance is doing the best of my roses right now. Its first blooms were tiny, almost looked like a mini rose the first time it bloomed in May. It seems to repeat quickly and each time the blooms are larger. Seems to be a healthy rose, no blackspot. I have to say I am also very impressed with Our Lady of Guadalupe, while it's not blooming right now it seems to be very healthy and a good bloomer, also my three Julia Child roses are all setting on a bunch of buds right now, I think I'm really going to like that rose. I love your Easter Basket Rose Kate, it is so pretty. Jim, your Knockout rose looks very healthy and looks good with the marigolds.

This post was edited by Sara-Ann on Mon, Jul 28, 14 at 18:53

• DrPekeMom
    9 years ago

Right now Cream Abundance is doing me proud.

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    9 years ago

Mine would be Cream Veranda!

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    Original Author
    9 years ago

These creamy ones certainly are lovely--Cream Veranda and Cream Abundance. Are they a special type that I am unfamiliar with?

Orchid Romance is indeed a sweetie. May she just keep on increasing her blooms!

Kate

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    9 years ago

Hey Kate, Cream Veranda is aka Garden of Roses or Cream Flower Circus. It's a great bloomer all summer. Cream Abundance is a great bloomer too. I think Celeste's pictures got me hooked on it when I first found Garden Web and the rest is history!

• canadian_rose
    9 years ago

My Valencia is soon going to be my best - 33 huge buds ready to pop!!!

Those are lovely roses everyone!! I especially like Easter Basket and Orchid Romance!!

Carol

• sara_ann-z6bok
    9 years ago

Thank you Kate and Carol. Carol, when you said you had 33 buds on your Valencia, that made me jealous, not really! That sounds lovely, I am happy and excited for you, it is such a beautiful rose. The Cream roses are lovely.

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    9 years ago

Sara I've thought about getting Easter Basket soooooo many times. It's so happy looking!!!

• seil zone 6b MI
    9 years ago

Lots of beauties here everyone!

My best bloomer would have to be Love Song.

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Ooooh Seil--Love Song is simply lovely! Such delicate shades.

Kate

• sara_ann-z6bok
    9 years ago

Seil - I totally agree with Kate, your Love Song is lovely!

• emrogers
    9 years ago

Mine is Day Breaker. She's such a show off and I LOVE it!!!! She came as a bareroot rose this spring and has bloomed 3x already and is super healthy. First time ever planting a bare root. âºï¸Ââºï¸Â

• canadian_rose
    9 years ago

emrogers - The colors are fabulous. Very lovely!
    Carol

• dove_song
    9 years ago

Great thread, Kate!! These bountiful blooming roses (and lovely photos) really gladden my heart. Thanks for starting this!!

• birdwoman
    9 years ago

Let's Celebrate has bloomed non-stop all summer. I mean a day has not gone by where there were less than 18 flowers on this plant. I purchased it from Palatine Roses and planted this Spring.

• canadian_rose
    9 years ago

Wow!!! That's staggeringly beautiful!!! The colors!!! Similar to Paradise - but better. Good grief sounds like a fantastic rose!!!
    Carol

Sponsored
2 Navy Lane, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudoun County's Leading Interior Designer