Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The Color Of My Love

Posted by le_jardin_of_roses zone 10 (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 9, 10 at 13:43

I look at DA's YL as a romantic rose, with a pretty fragrance. It's kind of pink, kind of burgundy, kind of a crimson, purple. It reminds me of Valentine's Day! It is the color of my love to me.

Juliet

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The Color Of My Love

Awesome shots, love those contrasts in the first one. You have a real gift when it comes to composition (always love the frames too :-) The color reminds me very much of DA's TDL and I agree it is very much a romantic rose !

o

Juliet, I really like the bright beauty of the clusterings, Juliet! A very lovely cottage-garden effect!

o

Of all of Austin's offerings of the last few years, this one appeals to me the most. I find the shape and the color really breathtaking. I wonder how it holds up in the heat.

Do I detect a hint of romance in your post, if you don't mind my asking?

Ingrid

o

Thank You Boxo, for your sweet words, that brought a smile to my face.

Serena, I love cottage gardens, so that is a big compliment to me and I thank you for saying that.

Ingrid, I agree that YL is probably, the most charismatic English Rose of the last few years. I like it very well, indeed.

And yes Ingrid, I was in a romantic state when I posted this. I had spent my Friday in the garden and I had just received a lovely post card with sweet words, that I happened to be reading while sitting next to Young Lycidas. It's color and fragrance remind me of Valentine's Day, so it all tied together. Things are delightful with my beau at the moment, but his preference for the beach, more than being in a rose garden, may be his undoing. :) Thanks for letting me share my feelings with you, Ingrid. You are an intuitive and insightful sweetheart!

hearts & roses Pictures, Images and Photos

Juliet

o

Wow!! That's wonderful!!! The first picture is truly stunning with the colors and how the rose stems are leading one's eyes across the picture. Wow!!

CArol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here