Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
boxofrox_2007

Start of Summer

boxofrox
13 years ago

The general weather/season theory for the PNW is that sumer begins on the 5th of July. Perfectly on cue, the weather has changed and the last several days have been in the mid 90's. I have been trying to mitigate the heatwave shock with copious amounts of water with reasonable success. Here are some pics I have taken in the process. Hope you enjoy and thanks for looking :-)

Sheila's Perfume

Dream Come True

Stairway to Heaven

Glowing Embers

Glowing Embers/Nikko Blue

Hot Cocoa

Royal Gold

Shade Bike

Preziosa Hydrangea

WS2000

Blue Waterfall

Koi

White Eden

Comments (6)

• le_jardin_of_roses
    13 years ago

Wow Boxo, your garden is a kaleidoscope of colors. Quite stunning in it's rainbow of shades. Where do I start? Glowing Embers hydrangea has a color I love very much. Hot Cocoa has a captivating color too. You make me want to get WS 2000. I wish I had a Koi pond. How lovely is that? Take care my talented friend!

Juliet

• serenasyh
    13 years ago

Beautiful photos, Boxo! I love the rainbow of Koi; Stairway to Heaven drapes in a very lovely way; and the final bloom stage of Sheila's Perfume is spectacular. Eden is looking heavenly herself. Boxo, as always, you know how A.D. is my favorite rose of yours with Hot Cocoa being second-in-line! And here is Hot Cocoa, warming my tummy with his wonderful beauty--what a gorgeous cluster you have shown. I'm waaaaiting and stalking for A.D. right now. Hope you will add him soon to the photos!

• boxofrox
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi Juliet ! You know, my garden has been called many things but unkaleidoscopic is not one of them ;-) I'm glad you like Glowing Embers color this year because I do too. In a normal year the fertilizer and amendment to colorize it would have left it more of a pink. Because of budget constraints this year it got neither. I've been thinking of doing a bouquet with just two hydrangeas (GE and Preziosa). I'll shoot some pics and call it the 'Romeo' bouquet :-)

Hi KG, you are so kind as usual. The next flush of AD is right around the corner. First up is a huge one of White Eden. This is it's second year I believe and it is loaded. It is like 95 right now and if the heat doesn't take it's toll, I'm going to do a bouquet with just White Eden and some reds and purples like The Prince, WS2000, Stairway to Heaven, and maybe some Midnight Blues. BTW, I did get your e-mail but it's been excruciatingly hot upstairs in my office. I will write soon though :-)

• the_bustopher z6 MO
    13 years ago

You have quite a nice bunch of pictures there in an artist's palette of colors. The hydrangeas are nice and provide a welcome source of some cool blues to contrast with some of the other colors. Thanks for the show.

• carrieburgess3
    13 years ago

Boxofrox- Your garden is fabulous. That shade is as cute as a button and the colour of those Hydrangeas is wonderful. It's all so nice.

Thank you for sharing.
    Carrie

• canadian_rose
    13 years ago

That last picture of Eden knocked my socks off!!! Wow!!

You're doing a great job of keeping your roses hydrated - they all look so full!!

Lovely,
    \ Carol

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm