Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
boxofrox_2007

SIL's Bouquet

boxofrox
13 years ago

Of all the bouquets I've constructed and gifted from my garden, it was brought to my attention on Saturday by my SIL of 37 years that she had never received one of them. Since we were in the middle of our party and I didn't think there were enough bloomers to make one, I promised to cut her one when the next flush came. So anyways, we were due to go down and help them today on a little project, I went out to see if I could find enough to cut and...................no prob !

I also scored this cute little magic mushroom set that is solar :-)

Comments (11)

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    13 years ago

Wow! Great Bouquet arrangement Boxofrox! Lots of really nice colors! Love the solar mushrooms. lol

• serenasyh
    13 years ago

Absolutely beautiful bouquet, Boxo! Hey! is that your Lincoln I see at the top 2 photos???? OOOOOOOooooo! It looks so much like him! Gorgeous to see that red! It's really nice seeing Betty Boop charm her way across the page too!

• boxofrox
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Gee tanks guys :-)

The reds are WS2000 and Stairway to Heaven. My Mister is pretty much history and I probably won't replace it. It is just way toooooooooooooooooooooooooooo neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedy :-( I know, I know but..........

I got down to the SIL and she had this in full glorious bloom.......Rio Samba

13 years ago

Rio Samba has nice colors Boxofrox! You saying your Mister Lincoln is biting the dust? You wrote Mister above, but, nothing else. lol. So, i'm just assuming.

• serenasyh
    13 years ago

Boxo, that's gotta be one of the best photos of Rio Samba I've seen compared to elsewhere!

Yeah, Jim! looks like poor Mr. Lincoln ain't making the list, lol! Mr. Lincoln is a verrrrrry needy rose. You constantly have to feed it organics and sea tea, and Boxo's garden is far too large and wonderful already to have to spend all that extra effort into such a needy rose, lol! But Jim, I can guarantee that Mr. Lincoln is not gonna ever be as needy as LEH, lol! Boxo, did LEH ever make a comeback in your garden? My LEH is driving me crazzzzy again! She is producing nothing but pale yellow flowers, my least favorite shade of all, AAAAAARGH! She is supposed to be producing orange and all I get is washed out yellow blooms! Darn that rose! Maybe 2 weeks of scorching sun, and the next 15 days of relentless, drenching non-stop rains is sending me and Lady Emma Hamilton simultaneously to the Loony Bin. :-(

• becky_rose
    13 years ago

It's always the cobbler's children who have no shoes (or the cobbler's SIL). Your flowers just glow with color. They're gorgeous.

• canadian_rose
    13 years ago

Good one Becky!

Boxo - I know we've had this talk before - but I'm so astonished that you can create so MANY bouquets with such LONG stems. Wow!

Very beautiful. It's amazing how nice the blue hydrangeas look in the bouquets!!

Carol

• paulieinct
    13 years ago

WOW. Spectacular.

13 years ago

I'm growing a Mr. Lincoln in a container there Boxofrox. lol
    It's new & we will have to see how it does here.
    Right now it's only about 14" high. lol
    Sorry to hear about yours.

Boxofrox,
    Ok, your hydrangeas, do they like full sun or partial shade?

• boxofrox
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Jim,

Yes, I am saying no more Mister Lincoln. Oklahoma for now will have to do in that category.......for me it's 10X the bloom and 1/10th the probs. Maybe again someday if a full sun location comes available but for now there aren't many of those left in my garden ;-) Hydrangeas are pretty much mostly shade plants. The smaller leafed ones can take a bit more sun but they can really crash on hotter than normal days.

KG,

LEH is testing my SP patience and if I had to bet on her, I'd say she'll be gone by autumn. Right now it's a dead heat to see which one will be gone first, ML or LEH :-(

Thanks Becky and Paul, and Carol it is my mission in life to long steminally astonish you :-)

13 years ago

Thanks Boxofrox! We do not have any real shade spots here.
    The shadiest spot here gets sun from 12:00 noon until nightfall.