Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tny78

Roses, Others, and Whole Garden Pics

TNY78
11 years ago

Lots going on again this week (yeah!). I unfortunetly lost Eyeconic Lemonaide to my husband's weed eater...I just discovered this a few minutes ago, so he and I will have a discussion about this later. Hopefully it will come back, but I have my doubts.

Also, I've included some whole garden pics. The oldest roses are only 3-4 years old, so its not as grown out as many of the gardens I've seen, but I look forward to when it is more mature. Please excuse the obvious need for mulch. We have a trailer filled with it , but its been too hot & humid to get out and spread it. Maybe tomorrow I'll wake up early and work on it.

Thanks & enjoy,

Tammy

Ascot

Basye's Purple

Koko Loco

Vineyard Song

Red Sweetheart

Rosa Rugosa Alba (yep, still blooming!)

A 2nd year Mutabilis after a rough transplant this spring

Pompon Veranda

1st year Over the Moon

The Dark Lady

Claire Rose

Limoncello

St. Patrick

Gertrude Jekyle

Legands

Star of the Republic with a bumble bee

Country Living

Aperitif

First Impression

Mystic Beauty

Zitroninfelter

Front Beds (these are the older flower beds, but unfortunetly haven't been mulched recently since I've been working on the new beds in the back yard)

New Polyantha bed I'm just adding

Bed along the back fence...still working on weeding this one...

Comments (11)

• mzstitch
    11 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Tammy, you made me smile as earlier this week I came inside all mad because 3/4 of one of my azaleas had been mowed down. I complained to my husband and started heading to my sons back bedroom to tell him how mad I am, when my husband stopped me in my tracks and confessed! (He was hoping I wouldn't notice as it was just the last one in a row of identicals!)
    Wonderful pictures, hard to pick a favorite, but I'm becoming more and more anxious to buy my first rose similar to your Rosa Rugosa Alba, I starting to love everyones pictures of this single petal type rose. Your gardens are lovely!

• TNY78
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has problems with husbands! I think he was hoping I wouldn't notice...the giveaway was that the metal name plate that was in the ground next to Eyeconic Pink Lemonaide was nowhere to be found either. I probably wouldn't have noticed it was gone for a while longer, except the big pile of mulch that I had a round it blew his cover!

Rosa Rugosa Alba is a great rose. HMF says it has an occational repeat, but mine repeats very well. If you look on the very left of the last picture you can see a shot of the entire bush...and thats only 3 years ownroot!

Tammy

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

Your roses are lovely, Tammy, and I think your beds look wonderful! Don't worry about Eyeconic, it'll come back. That Red Sweetheart is very unusual!

• the_bustopher z6 MO
    11 years ago

Nice pictures. A question, is your Claire Rose really Claire Rose, or is it Claire Austin? Claire Rose is normally a light pink; Claire Austin is a white with a pale yellow cast. Is something really off-color?

• TNY78
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Seil, they are a work in process :) I almost dug the rest of Eyeconic up, but decided to give it a fair shot to come back. It's grafted, and I can' tell how far down he hit it, but I usually plant fairly deep, so it may be ok...crossing fingers!

Bustopher...yes, you're correct its Claire Austin! With over 400 roses sometimes I lose track of what I have and don't have! I actually had to check my list on HMF :)

Tammy

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    11 years ago

Red Sweetheart and Pompon Veranda are especially adorable, but they are all crisp and lovely for what must be a very hot season for you. I can't imagine taking care of 400 roses! Love the bee, too. Thanks for posting your photos. Diane

• Krista_5NY
    11 years ago

What a beautiful garden, thank you for the tour. How's the fragrance on Claire Austin?

Your roses and companions look lovely, wonderful colors and blooms.

• lesmc
    11 years ago

Wow, Tammy! Your garden is lovely. It must keep you so busy....but so worth it. I have to have Ascot. That rose is just my kind of rose. I hope I can find it. I want to thank you for the garden shots. I loved them. It is so helpful to see the entire scene your garden creates...and gives me ideas to do in my own garden. This has been my worst year of gardening, ever. Our 100 plus temps have done in almost everything. And gophers have eaten every lily bulb. I lift out stems every morning....bulb gone. Seeing your beautiful garden has been a treat! Lesley in Louisville, KY.

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    11 years ago

So many lovely roses, but I'm most intrigued by Ascot--must check that one out more closely!

And your gardens are looking so promising--can't wait to see them mature. You must keep us updated with photos.

Kate

• nummykitchen
    11 years ago

What a beautiful garden and nature space you have, and so much space to work with, how fun! I'm loving your St. Patrick and Apertif, so pretty :)

• User
    11 years ago

Beautiful pictures every one,..and you have a great amount of garden space,..you certainly have completed a lot of work,..despite the husband accident,..likewise with "mzstitch",..in my case i have only the dogs and cats to get mad at.

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH