Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nummykitchen

7/5 bloomers, love these colors!

nummykitchen
11 years ago

My roses seem to be liking these high temps! Even though the blooms don't last long they are are pretty!

Clockwise...White Knight, Hot n Spicy, Tropical Punch, Perfume Delight, Mojave, Ketchup & Mustard, Tropical Punch, Red Chief, Tropical Punch

Close up of tiny but perfect Ketchup & Mustard

Miss All American Beauty center, surrounded by Bewitched, mystery light pink HT, & White Knight

Couldn't get over Bewitched this morning, such a gorgeous pink and perfect perfume, reminded me of a wedding bouquet flower!

So nice to see some of these blooming for the first time and the scents are amazing :) Who knew rose gardening was so much fun?

Andrea

Comments (10)

• serenasyh
    11 years ago

So beautiful Andrea! Hehe, your roses must not yet have our Midwest roasting heat, thank goodness, lol!

• TNY78
    11 years ago

Really really pretty! That's one thing I'm not very good at: making bouquets! They always look like a 3 year old put them together :)

Tammy

• kathy9norcal
    11 years ago

Beautiful. They look cool and refreshing and don't show heat stress at all. Thanks for posting them!

• Krista_5NY
    11 years ago

Really beautiful bouquets, love the mix of colors and the pink blooms.

• canadian_rose
    11 years ago

Wow - I really, really like your Bewitched. Didn't know the blooms were that large!! Does it have a nice fragrance? I'm going to keep that one in mind if it's ever offerred here.
    Carol

• Brittie - La Porte, TX 9a
    11 years ago

I'm going to assume that you posted this specifically for me since July 5 is my birthday! HA! lol. I love the peaches and the pinks of the first arrangement and the second is so soft and pretty. Bewitched certainly looks good!

Tammy, I'm no good at making arrangements either. My mother is incredible, but those flowers just don't want to behave for me. Bah!

• nummykitchen
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks so much, guys! Nice to have people to share my roses with who appreciate them!

Serena, we did have some pretty high temps (at least for Michigan) a few record breakers around 105 here. Crazy weather! I've been out watering a ton though and the roses sure seem to appreciate it.

Tammy, too funny! I didn't even really put these together, just went through the garden cutting what was blooming and not scorched :) I guess these were mother nature made bouquets!

Kathy, I was so surprised to have these perfect blooms during the heat wave. I did lose quite a few buds and blossoms to the high temps though, poor little things all dried out and balled up.

Thanks, Krista! I really spent a lot of time picking roses that had colors that made me smile and it is so nice to see some of them bloom for the first time.

Carol, I am just loving Bewitched! The pink is such a pretty baby pink / pastel shade, and so far for me it has been very fragrant, just amazing. I would recommend this rose for sure :)

Happy belated birthday, Brittie! I'm a July baby too, my birthday is coming up on Wednesday. Hoping my garden will have a nice offering for my day too :)

• Brittie - La Porte, TX 9a
    11 years ago

Oh yay! Happy birthday to you too!

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

Lovely, Nummy! I didn't know K&M was so small. Looks like a mini next to the others.

• User
    11 years ago

Beautiful roses,..and you have a gift making those bouquets,..when i first looked i thought the first picture was a painting,..its perfect.