Photobucket

Photobucket

Heart of Gold

Photobucket

Twilight Skies.

Photobucket

And Lavender Pinocchio

Photobucket

Excuse my hand. The plant is young and the blooms were nodding. Thanks for looking.

Kate

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Late June early July in the garden

Very, very nice pics of your roses and flowers! Awesome!

JIM

o

Wow!! I just LOVE your Lucile Ball rose!! I'm really finding myself drawn to peachy colors now!! Is the first rose really called Julie Link? I really like the look of that one. Pretty strange name, though. :)

Carol

o

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 25, 09 at 1:00

Great photos Kate! I love the echinacea!

o

Thanks guys! There has been a lot of action out there lately since it really started heating up.

Carol I am loving our Lucille Ball. Really hard to find that one. I got a bareroot in spring of 2008 and had it growing in a pot. Which it hated. It actually ended up dying this last spring. I was able to get a replacement from Palatine this spring but I doubt I'll ever be able to get another. No one sells it anymore. On Julie Link yup that is the correct name:) A Moore Rose purchased from Sequoia Nursery it has been a very nice little rose so far.

Kate

Here is a link that might be useful: Julie Link

o

Hi Kate - lovely pictures! May I ask where you got your Lavender Pinocchio (I never spell it the same way twice!!!) This is one that I tried to get earlier in the year and it was never available (Vintage was custom root, RU didn't have any or something and somebody else never got them in). Apparently it is difficult to propogate.

Lynn

o

Hey Lynn.

Thank you very much. After being enabled by Beth I found a Lavender Pinocchio (thank heavens for spell check) at Vintage. At that time it was on their available list as a band. Still small it has been a happy and healthy little rose so far. I hope you're able to get your hands on one.

Hope this helps.

Kate

o

Thanks! I like the unusual colored roses but so far only have two, Distant Drums and Distant Thunder. I'm going to keep looking for ol' Pinocchio!

Lynn

o

You are welcome Lynn. If I run across one or see it on Vintage's list I'll let you know.

Kate

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here