Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mark_roeder_gw

Roses at Night

Here are a few of my roses pictured at night with a flash.

Spectra. This is a large flowered climber. I have this growing in a very protected area. It otherwise would not grow in Iowa. I had to others that died their first winter. My microclimate is probably acting like a USDA Hardiness Zone 7. I have a building immediately north, and two buildings on the east and west side within 44 feet, and a southern exposure. Harsh prairie winds are blocked enabling me to grow fantastic roses at this location. Spectra starts out lemon yellow, turns orange and yellow and then finally pink and yellow as it opens and then finishes. It gets lots of flowers when in bloom.

The Prince

Johann Strauss

Johann Strauss. This has beautiful glossy foliage. It grows like a floribunda. Lots of short buy high-centered blooms. Holds its blush color well.

Polarstern. This is a great white rose if you want a hardy white, with high-centered blooms, with fragrance, that is also floriferous. It is almost always in bloom during the growing season. It is sold as a HT; it grows more like a grandiflora with multiple blooms, usually about 5, per cane.

I have this one which is own-root and another that is grafted. It grows to about 6 feet tall in NE Iowa. Narrow footprint and upright growth.

Comments (6)