Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hosenemesis

Mom's roses second flush

hosenemesis
12 years ago

Hi all,

I missed my mom's second flush of roses by a few days. Drat. It still looked pretty good yesterday, so I snapped a few photos for y'all.

From front to back: Our Lady of Guadalupe, Yves Piaget, Guy de Maupassant.

Yves, Guy, and to the right, White Licorice, which is already too big for her garden after just two years.

I missed the full flush of Yves. :(

Guy is so lovely.

OLOG and Yves.

And my roses today: Pinkie, Bronze Star to the right, Marmalade Skies, and Julia Child.

{{gwi:546842}}

Renee

Comments (13)

• boxofrox
    12 years ago

Renee, they are both gorgeous ! If one were to look up tranquility in Webster's, there would have to be a picture of both gardens ;-) Outstanding !!! !

• inga007
    12 years ago

Lovely gardens and blooms.
    Such a wealth of roses.

Thanks for posting.

• serenasyh
    12 years ago

What a treasurehouse of roses, Renee! Spectacular and with the ever amazing Pinkie Bursting Forth!

• iris_gal
    12 years ago

Yves seems to make a nice punctuation with pastel pinks. Which I love love. Super garden shots. Thanks Hosenemesis!

• organicgardendreams
    12 years ago

Renee, both your mom and you are so amazing gardeners! I love the first photo of your mom's garden especially. All the pink roses complement each other so well. And the photo of your garden with Cl. Pinkie on the arbor is hard to beat. All the pictures look as if we are talking first flush not second, by the way :-)!

Thanks for letting us participate in the garden miracles that your mom and you create!

Christina

Here is a link that might be useful: Organic Garden Dreams

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    12 years ago

Renee, why don't you just admit these are all plastic and make me feel better! Seriously, I'm just amazed at all this beauty and the absolute wealth of bloom. I'm showing my Cl. Pinkie a picture of yours so she'll get her act together. Thank you for posting these gorgeous pictures. I wish I knew your secret for having so many roses in bloom right now.

Ingrid

• Krista_5NY
    12 years ago

Wow, your gardens are beautiful, fabulous colors.

• canadian_rose
    12 years ago

Wow!! I love that!!! A lovely I.V. of pink right into the veins!!! i LOVE pink!!

I agree with everyone - Climbing Pinkie is sensational.

Wow!
    Carol

• hosenemesis
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, you enablers. I went to my mom's today, and her roses are STILL blooming like mad, especially Guy de Maupassant and Our Lady of Guadalupe, but Yves Piaget is looking great too with many blooms. My Pinkie has about reached the peak of her second bloom this year. Next year will be the test: it will probably be too big for the arbor and that means I will have to learn how to prune a climber. Got the Ashdown Roses pruning videos cued up on youtube.
    Renee

• seil zone 6b MI
    12 years ago

The garden looks so lovely, Renee! Do you have Pinkie pictures to share?

• serenasyh
    12 years ago

Bwahaha, thanks Seil for enabling more Renee photos! Also have to say, Renee that love to see all that layering of pink tapestry. everything varies and contrasts, it's an amazing symphony...Very difficult to do. My pinks are like ugh, one overall blanket of pink/bleached out pink-to-white booooring! I can make excuses like oh, Kansas Sun did that, lol! But the truth of the matter is I should have predicted this and done something about it, haha!

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    12 years ago

Great garden photos of roses!

• mantis__oh
    12 years ago

Lovely gardens. Guy de Maupassant makes quite a display here. I wonder, though, if it would tend to ball in a more humid climate. Yves Piaget was not vigorous here.

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz