Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
boxofrox_2007

Royal Flush & Stuff

boxofrox
12 years ago

We slaved all w/e again pruning and whacking and weeding and watering and yaddayaddayadda. We are so exhausted we will have to go back to work just to relax. Mr. Abraham Darby is in the middle of an incredibly awesome flush once again so camera in tow, I spent the afternoon recharging and clicking. Thanks for looking and hope you enjoy................

My best friend............

{{gwi:1260865}}

{{gwi:1260867}}

{{gwi:1260869}}

{{gwi:1260871}}

{{gwi:1260873}}

{{gwi:1260876}}

{{gwi:1260878}}

{{gwi:1260880}}

{{gwi:1260882}}

{{gwi:1260885}}

{{gwi:1260888}}

Midnight Blue

Livin Easy

Sunset Celebration

Easy Goin'

Ginger Syllabub

First dahlia of 2011

A bumper crop on our triple cherry tree

Phlox

Glads

Comments (14)

• inga007
    12 years ago

Abe is so photogenic.
    mmmm cherries....
    Love the purple glad and phlox. Nice and fiery dahlia.
    Thanks for all your hard work and showing us the wonderful results. I look forward to your postings.

• serenasyh
    12 years ago

Now THAT IS FANTASIA, Boxo!!!! Abraham D'Arby is absolutely MAGNIFICENT!!!! oh, your Momma is such a lucky lady!!!! I can already imagine the sheer clustering of Ulltra Delight New Bouquets dancing like Apricot Sugar Plums in my head! It is a Summer Reversal of Christmas, hahahaha! Whooo-hoo, whoo-hoo! Singles and duets of blooms waltzing on the Web page!

Easy Going, Ginger, and the Dahlia are twirling their yellow Majesty for us. And oh, those cherries! Cherries are my favorite fruit, hands down! I am guilty of eating a quart of cherries in just one sitting, lol! In other words 2/3rds of that bucket would be gone in the blink of an eye, haha! No cherry is safe from my grubby hands...

I love the purple and wine contrast of the Glads too.

Utter Delight, Boxo, Utter Delight! :D

• boxofrox
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Oh man, this is the first year we have been home to reap the whole bounty of cherries when they are ripe. We have Rainiers Bings and Lady Annes me thinks. And they are sooooooo awesome this year. KG, Abraham Darby is so far heads and tails above anything else I grow that it just stuns me how many blooms my three plants produce. This is mid second flush and it's got to be close to 200 blooms already ;-)

Inga, I love Abe on the vine for real and he is a sight to see. He makes a great addition to a bouquet short term but he doesn't vase well :-) My dahlias and hydrangeas are just now coming so summer still has a bit of punch left in her for sure :-)

• the_bustopher z6 MO
    12 years ago

Your pictures are very nice. I always like to look at them. I have never grown Abraham Darby, but he looks beautiful.

As to the yard work, it can get tiring after a while, but at least be glad you haven't had to be out in the triple digit heat and humidity we have been having out here in the middle of the country. I can work outside early in the morning and late in the afternoon to early evening. It's just too hot otherwise. So, count your cooler weather a blessing in disguise. It also makes nicer flowers.

• hosenemesis
    12 years ago

Ginger Syllabub is heart-stopping. I love all of your roses. Your glads sure look great too- mine always get thrips.

So glad to hear about Abe- one of the prettiest roses ever, and it does so well for you.

Renee

• serenasyh
    12 years ago

Yes, Boxo, AD is soooo ACE!!!!Diamond-ey! A.D.... And just from the photos we can easily imagine those 100s in their entirety. A blanket of Peach-Apricot!

Oh, Bings, Rainier are the Best of all cherries. I am nutso about Rainier and my Mom has to blockade me away from the cherries. I'm like Cookie Monster on Sesame Street when it comes to cherries, lol!

• iris_gal
    12 years ago

Love the 3rd pic down of Abe. I've never known a rose with a scent so powerful it can waft right into the house (mine is planted right outside a window).

Easy Goin' --- best shots I've seen of this rose! Ditto Ginger Syllabub.

We had Queen Anne when I lived in Oregon - to die for. I'm drooling at your picture.

Do you know the name of your lavender phlox? TIA

• boxofrox
    Original Author
    12 years ago

iris, boy howdy on the AD being nose candy :-)

I had to teach myself what a plant was when I first started and so over the 8 year time frame of building, I kept most all of the tags in a bag. I will look once I get a moment. I have 3 different ones in that great big thicket.....that lavendar one, a white 'David' and a darker magenta with a light eye.

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    12 years ago

I'm filled with unseemly jealousy about your Abe Darby and indeed everything else in your photos. Really beautiful and well worth all your hard work.

Ingrid

• seil zone 6b MI
    12 years ago

Ooo! Lots of beauties, boxo! Very interesting dahlia and OMG those cherries look scrumptious!

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    12 years ago

Hey Boxoman, great garden pics... yum on the cherries

• boxofrox
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks so much iris :-) After a bit of research, I think my three varieties of phlox in that thicket are all very fragrant and are 'David' the white one, 'Blue Boy' the lavendar one and 'Laura' the purplish magenta one with the white eye.

inga, I don't think it's a condemnable offense to covet AD itself as long as it's not one that specifically belongs to your neighbor....... me thinks it would be a sin not too ;-)

seil, thanks and them cherries is mighty fine eating this year.

Yo Jim, them's virtual cherries....help yourself ;-)

• iris_gal
    12 years ago

I need Blue Boy! Thanks for researching the name.

• canadian_rose
    12 years ago

I can't see the Abe's. The first one I can see is the Midnight Blue. Maybe you did your Abe housecleaning so they're all gone???? :( I guess I did see your slide show, though one can never see enough of your Abe!!

I just love any of your Easys - GORGEOUS!!!

Your Ginger is sumptuous!!!

The first picture of your cherries is amazing. They look scrumptious!!! Mmmmmmmm.

Thanks Boxo!
    Carol

Sponsored
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Loudoun County, Virginia